people... 13

"So you said you are from where again? Look I thought you were from California?", I asked.

"No I am from Nevada actually I used to live there then my family moved over here when I was ten because of business stuff", the girl looked at me annoyed.

"Ok cool, do you like life in California?"

"I mean yeah everyone I know is here I miss some old friends. I don't talk to them much but we visit Las Vegas every once in a while.", she explained.

"Thats nice."

"And you are from New York, man I love to go to the shops in New York they have so many cool stuff. Time Square is pretty cool but too many people for my liking."

"New York is packed with rats and people for sure I loves growing up there. There is so much to explore and its all kind of close to the apartments. My area was a nice little Puerto Rico, we had everything you could possibly need in 20 minutes of walking", I reminisced.

"That's cool my parents one time went to Puerto Rico they didn't really like it. You know if you want to be friends with me your gonna have to join me when I hang out with Kylie and Kendall. You do know who they are?", she emphasized her question.

"I am aware of their existence, I do not know about hanging out with them. I do not agree with most of what their family stands for, I will think about that. But if that is your requirement for being your friend I am not sure we can make this work.", I admitted.

"No I think I will pass I can tell you are a boring person you just judge people for their families." She grinned before walking off.

I was gonna say something but I decided against speaking to her, I knew whatever I tried next her mind was made up and I was no one to stand in way of that. I took a deep breath and kept it moving I notice near dad was a boy holding my brother. He looked to be my age and he looked like a conversation could start there. 

"Oh there you are Kid, have you met Kameer? He is going to be in your school, and he is working at my studio my little intern", both of us looked at him embarrassed.

"Dad you know saying little intern is straight up mean it is like diminishing his work." I chuckled, "Besides that hi Kameer, I am Kynedy it is nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too thank you for mentioning that point for me. It is cool though Mr. Carter is a good boss."

"Okay you call me if he is giving you any trouble", I warned.

"I am sorry Kameer, Kyd made a good point anyways I will be over here watching from a distant.", my dad walked over to the side.

"You just moved here right? I do not think I saw you the first few times they had events.", he asked.

"Yeah I have been here less than a month, I was finishing the school year in New York to avoid lost credits or confusion of subjects. I also needed to get the stuff from my moms house and move them out.", I explained.

"Oh I see what grade are you going into?", he asked.

"9th grade, well mid night grade I have high school credit already", I smiled.

"Cool I am heading into 10th grade. So you got friends here? Are you a big mingle person?"

"I mean I am somewhat social but no big friends groups. I was mainly grieving and figuring out my new circumstance in life. Then Bey had Rumi and Sir so it is wasn't to go out and meet people.",
Sir started crying Kameer looked unsure of what do, I was in big sister mode.

"I got him", he handed Sir over. I rocked him a little bit and patted his back, then the smell hit me. I looked at his tiny pants he had a blow out.

"And that is babies for you", he chuckled.