Epilogue: First Time

Content Warning: 💘🔥 the following chapter is for mature readers only. By 'mature' I mean old enough to know the true beauty and sanctity of love and the union of a man and woman in wedlock. That said, please continue.

After the wedding and a solid sixteen-hour sleep at the crew's apartment, Brook and Michelle were ready to go home

After the wedding and a solid sixteen-hour sleep at the crew's apartment, Brook and Michelle were ready to go home. Leslie offered to cook them a dinner to take with them but Michelle put her foot down in shock.

"Leslie, you're having a baby! You need to rest!" She insisted.

"Kiddo, I'm not incapacitated just because I'm a couple weeks pregnant," Leslie laughed.

"Even so, Michelle and I can take care of ourselves," Brook said, joining the two women in the kitchen. "We wanna make our first meal together, as a married couple." Michelle smiled at him and nearly melted on the countertop at that idea.

"Alright, at least take some extra groceries!" Leslie said.

"Stop worrying about everyone else, Les," Paige said, entering the kitchen. "Jeez, I gotta take extra care of you taking care not to overexert!"

"We'll leave her in your capable hands, Paige," Michelle said as they got ready to leave. Paige reminded Michelle in a whisper not to forget about the lingerie she bought, making Michelle redden.

"Paige!" She hissed, while the latter simply winked suavely. Then they waved everyone goodbye as they got into Brook's Bugatti, watching Soriano and Leslie arm in arm and everyone else wave back at them.

"Don't forget about our dinner plans next week!" Jett called out as they pulled out of the driveway. Michelle giggled.

"Like I could ever... you ready, Brook?" She turned to Brook with a smile.

"Always have been, Michelle," he replied with a tender gaze at her. "But, baby, are you sure?" Before leaving for home, Michelle had proposed a plan to him that made him wonder if it was what she really wanted.

"I want our first night to be at home, Brook," she had said, with yearning in her eyes. "I want us to always remember it and come back to the one place where we have our first time. I don't want it to be in some far-off, unfamiliar hotel room that we might never return to."

"Anything for you, baby," Brook had replied, kissing her forehead. "And we can always hit the road after that." They had agreed to go on the cross-country road trip Michelle had always wanted to go on—the one that was cut short last summer by the Inferno Ghosts. Now Brook offered to make it their honeymoon trip, promising alone time with her on the road for two whole months. Michelle was ecstatic about that.

But first, dinner and a wedding night.

Michelle snuck into Brook's mom's recipe book and found an extremely highlighted page for a recipe for fajitas and guessed it was one that she made often. Which meant one thing—it was Brook's favorite.