Chapter 9 A Mutual Alliance

"Are you nervous?" Michelle asked Brook as they drove to Phoenix Track, the location Jada had given Paige to meet up at

"No," Brook answered curtly. Michelle sighed. Brook sounded like he'd reverted to one of his moods again.

"I know you don't like this, Brook. I don't either. But we need help and for the moment I think we need to set our personal feelings aside and..." she trailed off feeling hopeless. Brook took his eyes off the road to look at her and touched her knee on seeing her downcast face.

"Hey," He said softly. "I'm not mad at you, Michelle. I'm just not happy about this whole deal. I'm sorry for acting so gruff."

"It's okay," Michelle said, feeling better. "I understand."

"This was supposed to be a fresh start for us. I had plans for us. And now all this shit got in the way." Brook slammed his palm against the wheel in frustration. Michelle gently placed her hand over his knuckles.

"Nothing can come between us, Brook." She said softly. "That much I trust." He parked the car as they arrived in the parking lot and turned to her.

"I know, Michelle. I'm just a little - impatient, that's all." He said, cupping her face. She leaned into his touch.

"What are you impatient for?" She asked softly. His eyes burned with desire before he answered.

"You." He leaned in, capturing her lips in a needy kiss. They lost themselves in each other for a minute, lips tasting each other with ravenous hunger until a blaring 'honk' from Paige's car opposite them broke them apart. Brook sighed.

"Never a moment..."

"We'll make time for us, I promise," Michelle said comfortingly. Feeling mollified, he got out of the car with her. Paige, Payton, Jett, and Reece joined them as they headed into the lot together.

"Hey, bro? You might wanna wipe off that lipstick on your face." Payton said with a smirk to Brook as he dabbed his own lips in indication. Brook touched his lips and the others started guffawing.

"Sorry," Michelle said red-faced, as she watched Brook rub his mouth with the back of his hand. He smiled at her.

"If it were any other time, I wouldn't have minded leaving it on," He said to her. She hid a little smile at that.

"Okay people, get your intimidating faces on, we're gonna have to get the better deal from this," Paige said, clapping her hands once.

"Yeah, we can't let them milk us, we gotta turn the tables on them," Reece said.

"And look damn good while doing it." Paige winked at Michelle who had 'dressed to kill' as she put it, in a white leather jacket, a red heart-necked blouse, and a mini skirt, paired with black knee-high boots.

"Right back at you, Paige," Michelle said, approving her glossy orange bodysuit and black leather jacket. Michelle recognized the jacket as Payton's.

"That jacket looks better on you than it ever did on me," Payton said, wrapping an arm around Paige. She smirked.