CHAPTER 40; it's just sex

You both wake up a few hours later, both feeling emotionally exhausted but in a better place.

"Oh god I was so big by then." You say laughing looking at the picture of your bump a few days before Liam was born as the two of you go through all the pictures you've taken.

"Still beautiful though." Max says smiling down at you, a blush coming to your cheeks as you look up at him. "God I missed you." Max says caressing your cheek with his hand.

"I missed you too." You say leaning into his touch as he leans down connecting your lips together. Your lips move against each other re-familiarizing themselves with each other. A soft moan escaping your lips as his tongue slides inside your mouth. Max takes the encouragement as his hand travel from your cheek, down the side of your neck, down the side of your chest to your hip. You follow his lead and climb into his lap straddling him letting your hands run up his chest and settling on the back of his neck playing with his hair. Max's hands move down from your hips to your ass pulling you closer to him, so you grind against his hardening member. Both of your breathing becomes erratic as your hands re-familiarize with each others' bodies, the need to be close to him almost making reason go out the window.

"Max we can't," you manage to get out breathless as he kisses down your neck.

"Right," Max says just as breathless looking into your eyes. The lust evident in his eyes and you bite your bottom lip toying with the idea in your head.

"You're killing me over here." Max says kissing you again.

"Good." You say leaning down and placing a quick peck on his lips before climbing off of his lap and sitting back down in your seat at the table.

As long as its been, I'm not letting him get off that easy.

It takes a few minutes before Max is able to compose himself before coming to join you. He sit across the table from you as you hold the engagement ring in your fingers looking at it. The flight attendant comes by and bring you both a bottle of water, and Max chuckles knowing she just witnessed the two of you making out. Max cracks his bottle of water open taking a sip before setting it down on the table.

"I'm not ready to put this back on yet and I'm not ready for you to move back in." You say still looking at the ring. "I can't just pretend everything is back to normal and have things the way they were."

"I understand." Max says and you put the ring back into your purse. "How do you want this to work then?" Max asks sincerely.

"I'm assuming you're flying out to Saudi tomorrow?" You ask knowing the schedule coming up.

"Tomorrow night." Max says nodding.

"Okay, so stay at my place tonight. Daniel's still in Bahrain so there won't be any argument from him there. If you want to come back to Monaco after Saudi you can, Daniel will be in Australia – he's heading down early to spend time with his family before the race, so again no arguments. Give you some time to spend with Liam."

"I have a couple meeting in London I have to be at until Wednesday that week, but I can fly down Wednesday night after the meetings are done if that's okay. Then leave Sunday for Australia."

"That works." You say opening up your water and taking a sip. "Is there anything you want to do?"

"Well since you asked," Max says raising his eyebrow suggestively.

"Other than that." You say chuckling.

"I want to talk everyday while I'm away. I want Liam to still know my voice." Max says.

"FaceTime, call, whatever you want as long as we're not out doing something." You say taking another sip of water. "You don't get to ignore me while you're away either because I swear to god, if you do, I will show up to the next race and kick your ass in front of everyone."