CHAPTER 22; mile high

Neither you or Max got much sleep last night, and not because you were up all-night fucking. Both of you were so pent up and close to temptation that you're pretty sure Max only got a couple hours of sleep, since when his alarm went off both of you practically jumped out of bed.

You jump in the shower first, before stepping out and going to change while Max hops into the shower. You wait for him to get out of the bathroom before heading in to blow dry your hair and do your makeup. Since you have some extra time you throw some curls into your hair to give it some more volume.

Stepping out of the bathroom ready to go you watch Max clench his jaw, "seriously? You're killing me over here

Stepping out of the bathroom ready to go you watch Max clench his jaw, "seriously? You're killing me over here."

You shrug, "drive fast then." You say kissing his cheek as the two of you head downstairs for breakfast before heading off to the track with Bradley. You hold your coffee cup in your hand as Max opens the car door for you, helping you out of the car. Sara is waiting for the three of you out front, and waves you off to the side.

"Come through here, we can get right to the hospitality building. Avoid the press." Sara says waving the three of you through the barricade.

"Why couldn't we do this in Imola?" You ask.

"Different paddock layout, hospitality buildings were further away." Max whispers putting his hand on your lower back as you sneak through the barricade.

"We try to do this at as many tracks as possible, but sometimes it's just not." Bradley says sighing. You're surprised when you're able to make it into the Red Bull hospitality building without being seen.

"What are you and Cass going to do today?" Max asks once you're in the change room.

"You know Cass, probably walk around the paddock, try to do some of the fan experiences, lunch with Charlotte again." You say shrugging.

"Sara's going to go with you." Max says tucking a piece of loose hair behind your ear. It's a statement, not a question.

"You don't trust me?"

"I trust you. I don't trust Declan." Max says frowning.

"Alright that's fair."

"At least with Sara in her team gear, he'll have to behave."

"Oh, is that all I need to do to get him to leave me alone, be dressed head to toe in Red Bull gear?" You say laughing. "Because I would definitely do that."

Max laughs, "I'm telling you, a big Max Verstappen right across your chest sends the message." He says leaning in and kisses you.

"Alright... I should go... Cass will be waiting... and you... need to get in the zone..." You say in between kisses, Max's hand moving up your thigh under your dress pulling at the underwear on your hip.

"When I win and I come back here, I don't want you wearing these. Understand?" Max whispers in your ear sending shivers down your spine, a heat forming between your legs and a blush going to your cheeks.