CHAPTER 10; offer

You can feel your heart race increase as Bradley pulls the car into Max's parking spot. The amount of cameras flashing increasing your anxiety. You clutch your coffee cup tight, holding your purse in the other hand as Max jumps out opening your door for you. 

Talk as we walk, that way people won't stop us to ask us things.

"So, Bradley, when are we hitting the gym again?" You ask as the three of you make your way down the paddock.

"We're going for a run Tuesday morning, then gym Wednesday, Thursday, Friday." Bradley says.

"Wow, really no time off for you huh?" You say looking up at Max. "Nope."

"He's a world champion. Have to keep him in top form." Bradley says.

"Well, I appreciate your work." You say and the three of you chuckle.

A photographer runs out in front of you taking pictures, followed by someone with a media camera and microphone following the three of you down the paddock.

"Max can you let us know who the newest addition to Team Max is?" the reporter says looking over at you. The three of you say nothing and you have to hold yourself back, the urge to push them out of the way increasing. You reach the Red Bull garage and Max holds the door open as Bradley heads inside, you close behind him. Max's hand coming to your lower back as you walk through, him stepping in behind you, closing the door on the media.

"They are like that all day, so just keep your head down." Bradley says as the three of you head into the garage.

"Team Max, there you are." Sara says waving. "Ready for your first race day Ari?"

"I'm excited to watch him win," you say nodding.

"Promised her a win did you?" Sara says looking at Max.

"Maybe." Max says winking at you.

"Okay stop being cute, who are you?" Sara says laughing.

"A world champion." Max says laughing as the two of you head off to his change-room. You pull your phone out and see several missed calls from your boss.

"I think I'm going to have to get some work done, can I meet up with you for lunch?" You say pulling your tablet out of your purse.

"Of course, I've got to go chat with the engineers anyways. I'll be back in a few hours then we can grab some lunch before I get ready for the race." Max says setting his bag down.

"Thank you," you say kissing him quickly as you listen to the messages left by your boss. You sigh returning his call.

"Arya! Thank God." Your boss Adrian says answering the phone.

"It's Sunday. What could be so urgent it can't wait until tomorrow?" You say annoyed.

"You didn't tell me you were dating Max Verstappen!" He says.

"Adrian, I swear to god if you called me to find about my personal life I will quit right now."

"Sheesh, so touchy. It must be your time of the month." Adrian sneers, and you hang up the phone. He's such an ass. Adrian calls you back immediately.

"Are you done?" you say answering the phone.

"Yes."

"What do you need then?" You ask opening up the email marked URGENT on your tablet.

"So, listen..." Adrian says going on about what needs to be done. You sigh after getting on the phone.

"Freaking celebrities think they can get whatever they want at the drop of a hat." You say to yourself working away on your tablet. You get so into your work you don't even notice Max come back several hours later jumping as you feel a kiss on your cheek.