CHAPTER 29; revenge of the cheesecake

You get an overwhelming feeling of nausea come over you while you sleep, and you jolt out of bed heading to the bathroom. Barely making it in time before you empty the contents of your stomach into the toilet. Fucking cheesecake turned on me.

"Ari you okay?" Max asks rushing in after you rubbing your hair.

"Yeah. Be glad you didn't eat the cheesecake now." You say groaning as you thrown up again.

"Are you sure it's the cheesecake?" Max asks rubbing your back.

"Cheesecake, nerves, whatever." You say leaning back and flushing the toilet.

"That's not what I meant, and you know it." Max says and you look at him and sigh.

"Only one way to find out." You say standing up and grabbing a pregnancy test from your purse. Since you and Max have a lot of unprotected sex you've been keeping them on hand just in case. Neither of you were apposed to having children at this point, just weren't actively trying for them either.

"You just keep those things with you?" Max asks confused.

"With the amount we fuck? Yes." You say shooing him out of the bathroom.

"Let me know if you need a hand." Max says as you close the bathroom door.

"I think I know how to pee on a stick Max." You say sitting down looking at the test in your hands. Okay, here we go. You finish doing your business and set the test on the counter opening the bathroom door back up for Max.

"How long?" He asks.

"2 minutes." You say looking at your watch. You take another deep breath as another wave of nausea comes over you. You try to hold it back, but you can't and end up throwing up into the toilet again.

Fuck, what if it's positive, I mean we had talked about having kids maybe one day. But not now, not this soon. Hell, our parents don't even know we're married yet.

The timer on your phone goes off as you throw up again, and you sigh flushing the toilet and standing up wiping off your mouth. Max stands behind you and rubs your arms.

"No matter what it says we'll figure it out." Max says kissing your cheek and you nod picking up the test. Okay, 3, 2, 1.

You flip over the test, and your heart sinks at the result. Negative.

"See, just the cheesecake." You say passing the test to Max going back to sit next to the toilet. Max looks at the test almost a sad look in his eye, like he was also hoping for a different result.

"I kind of thought it was going to be positive." Max says sitting down on the floor next to you.

"Me too." You say leaning your head against his shoulder.

"It'll happen." Max says confidently kissing the top of your head.

"How about we get through this weekend and the wedding first? We don't need the added stress of trying to make a baby too." You say chuckling.

"Oh but it's so much fun to try." Max says and you laugh. "But I get what you mean, we'll actually try after the wedding."

"You're going to make such a great dad some day Max." You say sighing, your eyes feeling heavy again as the nausea subsides.

"You're going to be an amazing mom." Max says looking down smiling at you asleep on his shoulder. Max slowly gets up off the floor picking you up carrying you to back to bed before climbing into bed next to you falling back to sleep.

....

Max's alarm goes off a few hours later and you groan as he rolls over to turn it off.

"How're you feeling?" Max asks climbing out of bed.