CHAPTER 23; forever

The weeks pass on and there is still no proposal from Max. It's now the Sunday of before the Monaco grand prix and you're starting to get anxious knowing that your engagement is going to be announced regardless on Sunday after the Grand Prix.

Jos wanted Max to do a big proposal after the podium for the cameras, but Max was able to talk him out of that and just said he would send them some pictures to post after the race finish. Another argument ensued when your dad wanted the announcement to happen Saturday after qualifying, but Jos argued that the added press would distract Max, and you and Max both agreed with him.

Max knows you don't want a public proposal, you've told him several times, and you're sure Cass has told him that too. The stress of this upcoming week has been getting to you, which is why when Max suggested spending the day on his yacht relaxing with Cass and Daniel you jumped at the opportunity to get away from it all.

The only problem, Cass insisted on it being an all-day event. All day. Sunrise to sunset. Which is why the four of you are slowly dragging yourselves onto the boat at 4:30am to set out and watch the sunrise. There are a few more staff on the boat then there were the last time the two of you went out on it, but you don't pay too much attention to it as the yacht starts to pull of the marina. Max wraps a blanket around your shoulders to help keep you warm as the yacht drive out into the bay.

"Would anyone like a coffee or refreshment?" One of the stewardess asks and you all eagerly nod.

"Coffee, lots of coffee," you say yawning. The stewardess nods and heads off to make everyone some coffee as the dark sky starts to lighten. The yacht stops and anchors at a secluded bay nearby, and you can't help but smile looking around at the scenery before you. No cameras, no public judgement, just the four of you enjoying this moment for yourselves.

The stewardess comes back a few moments later once the yacht is anchored with a tray of water and coffee for everyone. She sets the tray down and is passing everything around she accidentally knocks over one of the glasses of water, spilling it all over Max's lap. Max jumps up at the cool sensation trying to brush as much water off as he can, "shit." He mumbles looking down at his trousers which are now wet.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Verstappen, that was completely my fault." The stewardess says embarrassed passing him napkins to dry himself off.

"It's fine." Max grits. "I'm just going to go dry off and change, I'll be back in a minute." Max says standing up and heading below deck as the sun continues to rise.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to enjoy my coffee by the water." You say stirring some milk into your coffee.

"No, I think we're good," Daniel says rubbing Cass's shoulders over the blanket. You grab the blanket and your cup of coffee and head down to the back of the boat setting the blanket down onto the ground before sitting down on it enjoying the sunrise while slowly sipping on your coffee. Someone comes to sit down next to you, and you don't need to look over to know who it is. You lean your head against Max's shoulder sipping on your coffee and sighing in contentment. Sitting in silence as you watch the sun rise over the horizon lighting up the sky.

You finish your coffee, setting the cup down off to the side before brushing the hair away from your neck letting it flow down behind you. You look over at Max smiling into those beautiful blue eyes of his feeling happy and relaxed for the first time in a while, the world just melting away behind you. Max leans over tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear smiling before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on your lips. The two of you aren't big 'I love you' people, like those couples who have to say it all day everyday as if they need to reassure each other that they still love each other. You know how Max feels about you, and Max knows how you feel about him so all you need is a smile to know what he's thinking. Max slowly stands up and extends his hand helping you stand up. You smoothen out your dress and look out at the sunrise, Max still holding your hand. You turn back to face him, and Max just smiles nervously taking your other hand in his.