CHAPTER 13; distraction

Max grabs your suitcase and you grab your purse locking the apartment door behind you. You get down to Max's place leaving your suitcase and purse by the front door as it's nearly time for your call with Charlotte's manager.

"I'm just going to sit outside on the balcony," you say grabbing your AirPods, laptop and tablet.

"You're going to do great," Max says kissing your cheek.

"Fingers crossed," you say crossing them and heading out to the balcony.

You open up your tablet quickly checking in on work stuff. Okay not too bad, just a couple things to do today. You connect your AirPods to your phone and call one of the guys on your security team.

"Sebastian, hi. Listen, we need to ramp up security at my place. My dad stopped by today with no warning... yes, all new locks, video surveillance, motion alarms whatever needs to be done... great... I'm out of the place now until it's secure so just let me know when it's done.... No need to rush, tomorrow or later this week is fine I know you boys are working hard... great. Bye."

You switch over your Air Pods to your laptop and open up the meeting window.

"Hey Ari," Charlotte says. "Hey Char, how're you feeling?"

"Embarrassed. I always think I can keep up and then end up throwing up, my head was killing me when I got up this morning."

"Same, didn't get a lot of sleep last night so definitely feeling it today."

Just then Janice, Charlotte's manager joins the call, and the business talk starts.

You close your laptop just over an hour later and take a deep breath. You grab your laptop and head back inside, finding Max in the bedroom moving some of his clothes around.

"Max what are you doing?" You ask standing in the doorway holding your laptop.

"I'm just making room in my closet for your stuff. I've emptied out some drawers in the dresser for you too, the three on the right are yours." Max says pointing to the drawers on the dresser. "How did the meeting go?"

"Really well actually, they want me to start after Miami." You say smiling.

"Really? That's amazing!" Max says smiling as he pushes his dress shirts down the rod.

"Yeah, it's good hours. Get race weekends off and get to travel with Charlotte. It's less pay and a smaller account than what I currently have but it has the potential to grow." You say setting your laptop down on the dresser.

"So what're you going to do?" Max asks.

"I'm going to email my boss and give him my notice," you say smiling.

"Congrats, that's amazing, I'm so proud of you." Max says walking over and kissing you.

"Thanks, it feels like the right move, you know?" You ask staring into those mesmerizing blue eyes.

"I do." Max says smiling and leaning down to kiss you again.

"Well I've got to go email my boss and get some work done, but then I'll unpack everything."

"Sounds good, I'll probably just play some video games."

"You play video games?"

"Racing games mostly, but yeah I do, why?"

"Nothing, I just never pictured you as a video game guy. Lando definitely."

"Oh yeah, it's a great way to practice as well as blow off some steam."