CHAPTER 31; revelations

It's the cold that wakes you up before the pain. Slowly opening your eyes, your body feeling heavy like you've been asleep for days. You're standing, feet just barely on the ground with your arms chained up above your head in nothing but your bra and panties. 

No wonder I'm cold.

You look down at your legs seeing bruises along them. The same bruises along your stomach and you take a deep breath. 

Fuck, I hope the baby is okay. Please let the baby be okay.

You look around start to hyperventilate when you see your dad, Jos, Daniel, and Max all hung up the same way to your right. Their heads all down looking bruised as well. 

Still no sign of Cass. I hope she's okay.

"Wakey! Wakey!" You hear a familiar shrill voice say as you hear metal banging against the wall echoing throughout the room. You hang your head back down and pretend to still be unconscious as you hear footsteps enter the room.

"Shouldn't they be awake by now? It's been long enough." The shrill voice demands. The footsteps get closer, and you gasp as a cold bucket of water is thrown at you. You shoot your head up gasping as your body shivers goosebumps erupting across your skin. 

"Oh, goody you're awake." Sasha says clapping her hands together walking towards you.

"Leave her alone." Max says weakly. Sasha stops turning on her heels walking towards Max.

"Or what?" Sasha teases and Max tries to lunge for her but is stopped by the chains around his wrists. Sasha just laughs evilly as Jos, Daniel, and your father start to wake up groggy as well.

"What do you want?" You ask and Sasha storms back over.

"You stole what should have been mine." Sasha says grabbing your cheeks squishing them together.

"What are you talking about?" You say shaking your head back away from her hands.

"You don't remember do you?" Sasha says tilting her head. "Do you?" She asks looking over to Max who shakes his head no.

"Well let me remind you." Sasha says walking over to the center of the room. "It was the night the two of you met. I was blonde back then and had been talking to Max and some of the other guys that night. I thought things were going well until you walked in." Sasha says staring at you. "Max didn't even know you and suddenly it was like I didn't exist anymore. His entire focus was on you." You bite on the inside of your cheeks trying not to smile. "And just when I thought I had distracted him back to me, you decide to walk over and drag him away for a dare." Sasha says pacing around the room. "I sat there like an idiot as you kissed him, and he had the stupidest smile on his face when he got back." Sasha says and you can't help but smirk a little bit. "I tried after that, but it was no use. I even dyed my hair thinking that might help. But oh no just something about you that he can't seem to get enough of."

"What is it Max? What does she have that I don't?" Sasha asks walking over to Max who doesn't say anything. "I'm prettier, I have more money, I'm more successful. We could have made such a power couple." Sasha says running her hands over Max's chest and you pull on your chains trying to get out. Sasha just laughs. "You can try all you want Arya, but it's not going to work. You know I thought letting your ex-boyfriend into the building would be a good way to get rid of you Arya. Then when that didn't work, I thought letting your father into the building would work. Not even him could keep the two of you apart. Fucking infuriating."

"So why are we here if you have an issue with them?" Daniel asks.

"An excellent question Daniel." Sasha says walking around to him. You look up and see the bracelet Dimitri gave you is still on your wrist along with your engagement ring. Slowly you reach over with your other hand and press the charm hard.