CHAPTER 36; back on track

...........

First Race of the New F1 Season – Bahrain

...........

"Got everything?" Daniels asks locking the apartment door behind you.

"Keys, wallet, passport, phone, phone charger, suitcase, baby, baby's stuff, Camille will meet us on the tarmac. I think so." You say checking everything, Liam in the stroller ahead of you.

"Except this." Daniels says holding up your Red Bull pass.

"Oh my god, I must have left it on the counter. You're a life saver." You say grabbing the pass and putting it into your purse before heading downstairs.

Lando offered to get you a McLaren pass for the season, George a Mercedes one and Charles even said he'd give you one for Ferrari if you ever wanted it.

"I might take you guys up on that for the next race. But for this one, I need to at least try to talk to Max." You say and everyone nods in agreement over dinner one day.

"Just remember if he's being a dick come find us." Charles says.

"We'll kick his ass." Lando says in agreement.

"Thanks guys." You say smiling.

"Whatever Max says, this little guy is already so loved by us. You're not doing this alone." Charlotte says hugging you as you smile.

Daniel pulls his car up onto the tarmac and parks in the hanger of your plane. Daniel grabs the bags out of the back, while you get Liam out of his car seat and into his stroller. You smile as you see Camille standing in front of the plane bag in hand.

"Thank you so much for doing this." You say hugging her before boarding the plane with Liam, Daniel carrying your luggage.

"Of course, that's what I'm here for remember." Camille says taking a seat across from you. "How have things been going with the little man?"

"Good. He's growing like a weed." You say smiling at the bouncing baby boy in your lap.

"For nearly 8 months old that's to be expected." Camille says smiling as Daniel comes down to sit next to you.

"How have you been doing Daniel?" Camille asks.

"Alright, the night terrors are slowing down. Still feel numb to everything though. Except this little guy." Daniel says tickling Liam in your lap. Liam smiles and lets out the loudest giggles clapping his hands together.

"Oh, please don't encourage him." You say swatting his hand away as your son starts giggling even more. "Great now he's not going to settle for like another hour." 

"I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not. Am I little guy?" Daniel says talking to Liam. He likes to do that, you both do actually, seems to be easier to have tough conversations when you don't have to look at each other.

The plane starts to move, and your knee starts to bounce out of nerves, only encouraging Liam's laughter.

"Here watch this," Daniel says pulling up a video of Liam a few weeks ago when he started to crawl for the first time. You instantly smile and relax looking at the image of the baby in your lap starting to crawl across the floor with your words of encouragement, panning to you crying happy tears smiling up at Daniel who's taking the video.

"That was such a good day." You say smiling as the plane takes off.

"Remember the gelato we got afterwards." Daniel says smiling at the memory.