𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 words said in the spur of a moment, hit me so hard, I had to just sit there for a few minutes and rethink everything. We had come back from the other match as soon as that drama was over. Bea and Millie left to go to the France match, so I was all alone. Rethinking the same sentence over and over again.

"You're the best thing to happen to me, you know that?"

I mean I think I was just overthinking everything cuz I was still in alarm from what happened before right? You know, the argument with his ex who wasn't even meant to be there?

That must be it, it has to be. There's no other explanation for why my brain couldn't focus on the main subject at matter. Why I could just think about the negatives in such a positive moment.

It really got me thinking, what's gonna happen when the World Cup is over? Are we gonna break up? Is he gonna leave me? Are we going to have a long distance relationship?

All these question came flooding into my head all at once and it was honestly stressing me out, the truth hit like a bus. But my number one priority was to put him first, and his career was definitely much more important than some girl he's just met right?

You know the phrase 'if you love them let them go' never made more sense until now, and it was the only approach. I had to let him go.

I know what you're probably thinking, how did it get from such a happy moment to this? Well let's just say I like to overthink everything if you haven't realised by now.

The fact that he only broke up with his ex just a few months ago makes me consider what if I'm just a rebound? Just another relationship for him to get over his ex. I kept going back and forth with everything in my brain, repeating the same bullshit for the last day or so.

iMessage

LINA 🤭 :
Hey, are you busy?

JOÃO ❤️🇵🇹 :
Not at all, why?

LINA 🤭 :
Can you come over?
I'm a bit bored, Bea and
Camille went over to the France
Match, so I'm just here alone 😭

JOÃO ❤️🇵🇹 :
Of course Amor, I'm
on my way ❤️

__________________________________

I thought instead of overthinking it all and ruining our relationship, we should probably talk it out. If I'm being completely honest with you, I'm fully stressed. I think I've been crying, I can't actually tell cuz I feel so zoned out by my own thoughts

About ten minutes or so later, a knock came at the door and I rushed to opened it. On the other side, there he stood with a bag of what looked like snacks in one hand, and flowers in the other.

His bright smile faded away probably because of the state I was in right now, I mean I was alright yesterday so what happened so suddenly?

I don't even know myself, I let all these thoughts back into my head. It wasn't like he neglected me, even treated me wrong.

"Meu Amor, is everything okay? Why are you crying?"
I considered lying to him, not make his day bad or upset him, but I think it was time to see where we are, and where this relationship was heading.

"Joao, before I continue, I just want you to know that I love you," He had come into the hotel room and we were sat next to each other on the bed

"Lina are you okay? You're scaring me," I took a deep breath before expressing everything on my mind, his expression turned more and more concerned by the minute.

"Do you honestly think I would leave you for a dumb game?" A dumb game? I don't think he should be considering Football to be a dumb game just because of me.

"It's not just that Joao! You only broke up with your girlfriend a few months prior to meeting me!" From what I saw, his history with girls isn't looking too good.

"But it's not like that, I know you're the one, from the moment I met you, from the moment I laid eyes on you," it had just hit me now that we we're too out of reality. This isn't how this was meant to happen, we had rushed into things, we only met a few months ago.

"Look, I don't think I should come before your career okay? I love you so much, but your career is just starting to get good, you can't risk anything going wrong, and I don't think I can do a distant relationship,"

"So what are you saying? That I shouldn't care about you Amor? I love you so much, not even words can describe it, I would give it all up just for you, shouldn't that be enough?" I thought about his words hard, there had to be a decision here.

"João, I can't do this to you, I can't do this," I felt my heart shatter with each word and tear coming from me, I knew what I had to do and how I had to do it.

"What are you saying Analina?" I looked deep into his eyes, watching as a small part of them became distant.

"I don't think this'll work out,"

____________________________________

Dear reader

Sorry for the sudden drama, but we need it...

Anyways, I'm really upset but this book might be coming to an end 😭

If at least 10-15 people comment, I'll publish the next part earlier than next Saturday :))

<3