M!A-60 x F!Reader (Fluff)

(Y/n) wasn't necessarily proud of her job. Originally, she was supposed to be a cryptozoologist, studying cryptids and going about her life like normal.

Now, she was a housekeeper in a hotel for cryptids.

What a promotion that was.

She'd acquainted herself with her employers, or at least she saw them as that since they let her live, and grew particularly close with Ambush and Rush. The two aforementioned entities were siblings; they were feral, feuding siblings.

Their little spats didn't get in the way of much, and they were both kind individuals when they were, well, individual.

They didn't have to be around one another to have a bold character each, as Ambush was quite a calculated, intelligent and witty entity, their logic one to be rivalled. They were prideful, impressive and memorable; they were able to find a solution to most ruts. As well as that, they were a perfectionist who didn't like a job half done.

Rush, on a completely alternative hand, was a spontaneous, wild, reckless and fun entity, often sporting a dedicated attitude and a wide grin. His determination made him push through most of his issues, giving him the ability to help others when he chose to utilise his ability to empathise for good.

The third sibling, one who didn't go by a simple word and more of a code, was A-60. His existence was only a rumour, a possible lie, a chance that (Y/n)'s gullible and trusting nature led them to believe in something nonexistent.

As she dusted the hotel one day, (Y/n)'s guard was lowered and it was the an opportune time to throw something soul-shaking at her.

Leaning closer to the desk in room zero, as she brushed the duster over the crannies Timothy had nested in. The webbing attached to the duster, and (Y/n) waved it around until it got off.

Timothy, not liking this intrusion, hid in the top drawer.

"Uh, Timothy! That's not your drawer! Come on, get out of it!" She commanded, overlooking the fact she was speaking to a literal spider.

No, this spider didn't comprehend English language. No, this spider wasn't an entity.

This spider was a pain in the ass, that's what.

All eight of his green eyes locked onto her, and he jumped onto her face.

Swirling around in circles and shaking her head repeatedly, (Y/n) tried to get the spider off of her face.

"Get off! Get off! Dumb fucking spider!" She squeaked, clawing at her own face to get him off.

As she did this, door one opened and an entity observed her questionable display.

Tripping over her own feet, (Y/n) fell backwards and hit her head on the desk. Her blood spilled onto the floor, and the entity observing hurried over to her, his footsteps shaking the room around them. Crouching besides her, he made it evident he was there to help.

"Are you alright, human?" He asked, his voice alike to a growl, if anything,"Do you remember where you are, what you're doing, who you are...?"

Opening her eyes, she saw a red-skinned entity with glowing eyes. She realised how insignificant the detail of his glowing eyes was, as quite a roster of the entities had eyes that illuminated light. It was a strange detail (Y/n) had come to terms with at this point.

Resting a hand on her head, he scavenged her scalp for any indication of pain or injury. His fingers discovered a red substance, a leaking of blood from the back of her head.

"Come on, let's get you to the infirmary.." He sighed, hoisting her up, slinging her over his shoulder as if she were weightless.

"Gah, put me down!" She ordered, flailing her legs about as they trailed down the front of his midsection.

"Human, you're injured and I know my siblings take a liking to you. I can't bring you any pain without some kind of repercussion being enforced. Besides, you don't seem deserving of such a fate from a measly spider." He babbled a little, his mind skipping from topic to topic almost carelessly.

Anything to keep her awake and her mind working, she supposed.

It was dehumanising to be carried as if she didn't have any mass, merely slung over his shoulder without a further thought.

"I don't need the infirmary!" She cried out, resisting his grip as best as she could muster.

His restraint on her was too overpowering and she dubbed it a waste of her energy. For what it was worth, she had a little bit of faith in this newcomer.

Setting her down on a sofa, he sped off at a speed that could make Ambush or Rush lose their self esteem in a heartbeat.

And, in a heartbeat, he had returned with a medkit and an ice pack.

"I'm supposed to be the one looking after you lot." (Y/n) muttered, a shame lining her words.

His eyes widened,"That's you? You're (Y/n)?"

The way he eyed her in awe had her a little bit weirded out, but she was glad to know he wasn't intending on stringing her up by her intestines and using her as an organic piñata.

As he used an antiseptic wipe to clean out the wound, he hummed a little melody to himself, forgetting she could hear.

The sound reverberated off the walls, and she could hear it coming from the depths of his chest.

Once no more blood was in sight, he put an ice pack onto her scalp, taking her wrist and pressing her hand against it.

"I'll stay with you for the next hour to ensure you aren't concussed." He insisted.

"That's very sweet, but I don't know you." (Y/n) said, her eyes blank as she wore an awkward smile.

With a furrowed brow, he realised he'd forgotten to introduce himself,"I'm A-60, a cryptid among cryptids. Some don't even know of my existence, some know of my rumour and others know of me."

"Brother of Rush and Ambush?" She asked, blinking twice.

"Eldest brother, yes." A-60 added, a small detail which she thought was quite insignificant but good to know.

Sighing, (Y/n) stared over at the desk,"I find this whole ordeal cute, but I have a room to clean and a spider to tear the legs off of."

Taking (Y/n)'s duster, A-60 temporarily took her place,"Here, I'll do it. You need to take a break because of your head."

"Do we have any bug spray?" (Y/n) jokingly asked, a smirk on her face.

Frowning, A-60 turned back to her,"You know Screech would be devastated, even if he remembers Timothy once every blue moon, paying him no mind any other time."

The two chuckled at A-60's analogy.

She could tell the next hour or two was going to be good for the both of them, and she was definitely glad to meet such a selfless entity.