Seek x Asthmatic!Reader (Fluff)

Chandeliers dotted the floors, flames reaching from the ground as he ran by them.

His chest was heavy, his lungs alight with the feeling of fire engulfing them. Was there no oxygen in the air?

Stopping in his tracks would be an undeniable and possibly agonizing death. The frigid glare of the entity made their bones shake, a fear alike to nothing ever experienced stiffened his limbs each time he got caught in it.

Ducking under a fallen bookcase, he squeezed underneath it, sparing no time in picking himself up and zooming off.

But his lungs ached, screaming louder than the alarmingly human scream Seek let out as he entered the hallway he was in.

Where was his safety in this hotel? Was there no sanctuary in a hellish prison like this? Not a single room where he wasn't being hunted for his flesh?

His vision swirled with black, his breaths getting shallow as his legs ceased running. Tripping over his own two feet, he fell to the ground with a thud, slamming into it painfully.

--------------------------------

(Y/n)'s own scream brought him consciousness.

Opening his eyes in a heartbeat, he glared around the room, drinking in the sight of a well-kept infirmary. It didn't share the run-down and ragged appearance of the rest of the hotel, instead opting for a more hygienic, decorated look.

His head was spinning, his nerves were aflame and his lungs were still a bit achy. It didn't add up to him; shouldn't he have died in the hotel? Why was he in a nicely kept hospital recovering from his blackout? Had a saviour rescued him?

He almost cried at the epiphany, a beam crossing his visage,"I have a saviour! Finally, I'm safe from-"

A sloshing caught his attention, comparable to a very thick paint. The slithering of a black puddle drew his attention, and he rolled his eyes agitatedly.

"P-Please don't kill me! I-I need.."

"This?"

The same figure accountable for chasing him prior to his blackout formed out of the sludgy substance, holding his inhaler between two poorly-formed fingers. His iris skipped from the inhaler to (Y/n), a somewhat gleeful twinkle in his singular eye.

"I discovered this on you, human, and I believed it to aid you back to health. My assumption was correct, as you are nursed back to good health, yes?"

He didn't expect any words from the entity, assuming it to be mute from the lack of a mouth. He wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth and waste the opportunity of aid.

"..is there any painkillers..?" (Y/n) innocently asked, flailing a weak arm around, gesturing to the drawers containing the medication.

Considering his words for a second, Seek expressed offence,"If prefer to die, You could simple have said. I wouldn't call myself a painful killer, but-"

"No, like paracetamol? Ibuprofen? Anything to numb it?" (Y/n) butted in, not enjoying the thought of being killed when he was at his most vulnerable.

Seek's view flitted from box to box, filing through the drawer,"Paracetamol, that's what you've requested, right?"

Nodding mutely, (Y/n) took the painkillers handed to him and swallowed one of the pills. Handing the packet back, he muttered a grateful thank you under his breath, not knowing if the entity understood the gravity of the situation.

"Why did you choose to save me? Was it because you genuinely wanted me to live or because there's a bounty on my head for something?" (Y/n) questioned, folding his arms.

The pill ached in his throat, as he'd taken it on its own. Coughing lightly, he tried to be as quiet as possible when he choked.

Offering him a glass of water, Seek saw something in his eyes; his irises held a sort of graciousness, a warmth no flaming chandelier could ever grant him.

He forgot what he was doing in the minute, being used to his own dead eyes on the halls' walls. Emotion being conveyed by the eyes was, ironically, something he'd never seen in action. Though his only means of expression were through his eye and eyelids, he had never witnessed the conveyance in practice.

He didn't think right when he spoke, lost in the moment to care,"..You have beautiful eyes.."

Sipping on the water, (Y/n) held back the urge to spit it out in absolute shock. Had the entity said that or was his hit to the head harder than he thought?

There was a tension so thick in the air that (Y/n) smelt it. Seek acknowledged his mistake by widening his eye, horrified that he'd let something so silly slip from his nonexistent tongue.

"..what..?" (Y/n) was amused almost, and it was conveyed in his voice,"..uh, thanks?"

Seek saw the changes in (Y/n), the way the smile coyly spread onto his cheeks and the coral glow added in to the mix. His eyes were shining brightly, taking the compliment undoubtedly.

His breathing was better than it was in the chase, and he was much calmer due to the adrenaline finally wearing off.

Seeing the entity have a human side of it was somewhat unnerving to him; how did it sleep at night?

Did it even sleep at night?

How did it kill people?

It had just ran at them, for whatever reason.

"Why'd you run at me?" (Y/n) worked up the courage to ask, narrowing his eyes to slits. He readied himself for an answer expected off of a serial killer, a crazed maniac or a sociopath.

Because he'd dropped his inhaler wasn't the answer he'd anticipated. Not in a thousand guesses would he have gotten his own question right.

His misjudgement gave him a guilty feeling, his heart weighing heavy after his prejudice assumption.

When Seek turned to leave the infirmary, (Y/n) called out for him to stay.

"Wait. Can you stay..please?"

"Why is my presence such a necessity to you? I have better objectives than to keep you company." Seek lied, his head cocked aside so (Y/n) could see half his eye.

Puzzled and intrigued, (Y/n) dared to ask,"What do you have to do?"

"..uh." His brain froze as he was put on the spot,"..things.."

"No, please stay. I don't want to be lonely, and I'm sure you don't want to be either." (Y/n) whined, patting the bed besides them,"And I'm cold. Please?"

Rolling his eye and trying to put up an unamused front, Seek internally cried in happiness. Finally, he'd earned himself a friend.

He tried to keep his pace slow, as to look reluctant, but he couldn't help himself. Speedwalking over to the bed, Seek snuggled up to (Y/n), holding them tightly.

Taken by surprise, (Y/n) laid awestruck as Seek cuddled closer to him. He was oddly affectionate for a humanoid who'd chased him aggressively. Then again, his prejudice view had been completely wrong.

Returning the embrace, (Y/n) snuggled Seek into his chest, letting the submissive entity experience the joys of contact.

It was so cute to see something so intimidating be so joyed and contented by a hug.

Keeping the entity's head close to his chest, he gave Seek a headpat as he almost cried.

No residue seemed to get caught on his fingers as he brushed them over Seek's head.

"Can we..can we just stay here like this..? I don't know what I'm feeling, this sunny feeling, but I like it." The oblivious entity requested, shoving his face into (Y/n)'s chest even more.

"Gladly." (Y/n) smirked, laying his head on the pillow as he closed his eyes,"For as long as you'd like."