Ambush X Injured!Reader (Angst)

A buzzing.

A black bordering my vision.

A heat washing through my nerves, setting them alight.

Here I was, laid on the floor in a puddle of my own blood, left here to die by my teammates. I'd taken a rough beating from one of them after my claim to escape the way we came. The shards of glass from Rush's bombardment pierced my skin, sinking into my flesh deeper than I could reach.

Curled up, I cried. What was I supposed to do? I was in no condition to continue, so I waited there until Rush returned to take my life. Tears flooded what was left of my vision, as my opaque eyes flicked from the floor to the doorway in hopes of someone coming to protect me. A guardian angel of sorts.

None came.

I was abandoned, left to die in that slim room on my own. Letting out a choked sob, I drowned myself in self pity. All I'd done was beg and plead for them to leave, and I'd been called a coward and stomped on. The only real friend I'd made was with an entity called Ambush, who'd spared my life when one of them pushed me out of the wardrobe. He skidded to a halt, practically tripping on his own feet, and we had a little conversation. He'd hoped we'd meet again in later rooms, once his friends had polished off mine. Because I hadn't gotten killed by him, I was punched in the eye as an alternative.

The bruise on my left eye ached every time I closed my eyelid, and water was pouring out. I knew it was only watering because it was irritated, but I was crying simultaneously.

My jaws trembled feebly as I pulled my knees close to my chest, laid on the right side of my body.

A distorted whirring approached and, before I could register what it was, my vision was reduced to black.

---------------------------

Oh, what am I supposed to do?

My eyelids faltered, fluttering open upon the dawning realisation I was no longer alone. A presence, whether human or entity, was occupying this space. There was talking, the tail end of a conversation perhaps, and I tuned in to it. My mind was on whatever was speaking, finding out it had stopped as I opened my eyes.

There was a relieved gasp as footfalls approached me, thudding harshly against the floorboards. Groaning in pain, I released my knees from my grasp as I tried to straighten my legs.

A firm grip was on my left shoulder, flipping me onto my back. Breathing in through my gritted teeth, I bared the pain of the glass being plunged further into my flesh.

Clearly, whoever this was didn't like it, and they hauled me up into a sitting position, their arms slung over my shoulders. My hazy gaze didn't catch any glimpses of my saviour, and I was left to wonder who this being was. My acquaintances had long abandoned me, so I held the doubts it was anyone I'd familiarised myself with.

Bare with me here, human...

The voice was definitely not human, and aroused a rightful suspicion in me, yet it was strangely familiar.

Was I being killed?

Was I being spared?

What did they want me for?

Who were they?

How did they know I was laid there, in need of help?

Just, come on. Don't die, human.

They'd never engaged in an interaction with a human, as they addressed me as one.

Ambush, that's so stupid. Wait, why am I talking to myself?