Figure/Seek x TouchStarved! Reader

Contrary to popular belief, the entities did have hearts. Admittedly, they didn't act like it in front of the humans for very understandable reasons, but they did display their affections to one another.

Seek was busy reading to Figure, his best friend, in the library. It was after work hours and he decided to bring some entertainment to him.

Overjoyed, Figure listened on as Seek read to him. He cherished every moment the smaller entity read to him, adoring the way he spoke and the way he would occasionally stop to check Figure was still invested in the story.

On one particular day things had gone unexpectedly, as a human had entered mid-way through their story. Figure heard them, Seek saw them, and they knew they were going to die.

They hadn't seen Seek yet, since the aforementioned entity was busy in the library, and didn't know how to evade him. Nor did they know how to evade Figure. To them, it was inevitable death.

They didn't expect Seek to be so easy on them.

"What are you doing here?" He called, slamming the pages of the book closed.

Figure leaned toward Seek, whispering to him,"What are we supposed to do, this human is in after hours? We can't kill them, can we?"

"No, we can't. We could risk it but Guiding Light would kill us, if that's even possible." Seek's mumble was leaking an agitation.

Confrontation with humans was difficult, because they always reacted like the entities had no personality. Like they were two-dimensional, practically.

Figure's stature was leaned above the human, casting a heavy twilight on it. His arm was flimsily lifted off the ground, his hand making its way up to the top of the human's head.

Caressing the human's scalp, Figure waited for the scream that came from the humans whenever they were too close to him. None came.

"What an anomaly; don't they tend to scream?" Figure confusedly asked Seek who, as well as Figure, was dumbfounded by the difference.

Instead of screaming, they leaned in to the touch. They liked the feeling of Figure's hand on their head, and adored it even more as he ran his fingers into their face.

Smiling from ear to ear, (Y/n) let out a squeak of approval. Seek, enraptured, eyed them cautiously,"Why do you not fear us? Do you know of our routines? Are you manipulating the system to your advantage? Answer my questions, human."

"What is your name, you small human? My name is Figure. That's Seek, he's just paranoid about you trying to take advantage of our hospitality." Figure chirped, the corners of his mouth tugged upwards.

"I'm (Y/n)." They simply answered, no regrets in them.

Seek rolled his eye, unamused how they dodged his question or how Figure condone their presence,"You didn't answer. What are your intentions? Do you wish to do harm to us?"

Wordlessly, (Y/n) leaned in to the touch Figure was giving them; it was such a simple circling motion of his thumb on their cheek but it was very appreciated.

Connecting the dots, Seek understood what this human craved: touch. Whether deprived of it or just highly appreciative of it, they desired the touch of someone else.

Slithering forwards, Seek tested his theory and pat their back, which they seemed to enjoy.

"Are you that deprived of touch that you'd come to this hotel, of all places, to get your fix? Do you have a death wish?" Seek scoffed, watching their back arch so they could feel his hand rubbing them better.

"No, I'm just sort of lonely. I just need a friend or two." (Y/n) admitted, feeling Figure's touch grow more persistent.

Bowing his head, Figure moved nearer to (Y/n). His arms enveloped them, and he pat their back soothingly, shoving Seek back a bit.

The gesture was interpreted by Seek as "I can care for humans better than you can. "

Challenged by Figure, Seek cuddled them from behind, wrapping his arms around Figure as well.

Figure, not having actually meant anything to Seek about a challenge, loved being held by him. He cuddled in closer, trying to remain in Seek's arms as well as keep (Y/n) in his own.

(Y/n), in the meantime, adored the feeling of two entities hugging them at once. The appreciation brough them a happiness unable to be put into appropriate words. They were quivering with happiness.

Figure and Seek kept their arms locked around (Y/n), the taller of them nuzzling his head into (Y/n)'s hair.

"Oh, so soft, so cuddly." Figure nuzzled closer, adoring the softness of their hair,"Can I keep this human here forever? I want to keep this one, this (Y/n)."

Seek groaned,"Fine. We can keep this one, but only this one."

Continuing to challenge Figure's display of affection, Seek tapped his lower face against (Y/n)'s face in a sort of mouthless kiss. The residue didn't stick entirely to, but a string formed between them.

(Y/n), being so addicted, snuggled a bit closer to Seek. Craving Figure's touch as well, they rested their head on his collar.

Purring, Figure rested his chin on their head as they wrapped their arms around (Y/n) and Seek. Adoring the closeness, Figure kissed (Y/n)'s forehead.

"I want to protect this human, really protect them." Figure cooed, rubbing his chin on their head.

Seek's eye held a pity, a respect and an adoration,"Alright. We'll look after this human until we get caught. (Y/n), you can stay with us and keep safe."

(Y/n) stayed close to them both, enjoying their touch. Being so close to entities was like a limbo, like life and death or perfectly balanced in-between. It was a dangerous pleasure, one they loved to dabble in. To think just an embrace from a deathly entity brought such a thrill.

They were almost excited to see where this would lead to.