Rush X Reader (Fluff)

Dim, the lights were so, so dim. At times, (Y/n) wondered why the electrics were incredibly faulty. Nothing had been occupying the establishment, and the lights obviously hadn't been used in a while. That was the explanation; it was the only explanation.

In the distance, there was something between roaring and cackling. It was a very odd sound, but (Y/n) didn't think much of it as it exited their earshot.

Beginning to consider it pointless, (Y/n) stopped taking note of the door numbers; the monotonous cycle had no prize to be won, and remembering the numbers didn't do them any good. Why bother when it was more work?

Shoving open one of the doors, they knew their patience was wearing thin. The hotel was getting on their last nerve; why did they come here again? Right, for adventure, excitement, thrill.

As the lights flickered overhead, (Y/n) scowled to themself. There was every chance they could cut out at any second given, and (Y/n) knew it were simply a matter of time. Once the lights ceased their blinking, (Y/n) continued through the room, taking into account that the stairs to their right led to a blocked door.

Continuing forwards, they noticed an abnormally high amount of closets lining the walls of the following room; the L shaped room curved to the left, wardrobes occupying every crammed space.

"Am I meant to hide or something?" (Y/n) scoffed to themself, firmly planting their hands on their waist as they sassed,"Am I meant to be a helpless victim? Oh, pray. Have mercy upon me! O, where art thou guiding light to rescue me?"

Thudding footsteps came racing from the previous room.

Lightbulbs shattered, scattering the pieces of glass onto the floor. Every light cut out, leaving them in a room illuminated by the occasional lightning strikes.

It towered over them, its broad and muscular build not frightening them in the slightest.

Well, shit. I guess this is the part where I die, huh.

It was so strangely human, with the exception of its dark grey tone of skin and its hollow black eyes. No, they weren't afraid of it, but they knew it was likely there to kill them.

A distinctive but quiet hissing sound came from it, as it stopped in place before them. A black navy smoke emitted from it, showing just how otherworldly it was.

Despite these inhumanly features, it was fairly attractive. The spiffy suit with the classic unbuttoned shirt was definitely being worked by it. Whether it knew it or not, it appeared weirdly attractive.

"Human, you are aware you are in grave danger?" Folding its arms, it warned them.

"Jeez, I came here looking for adventure, paranormal activity and thrill, not a daddy." (Y/n) joked, confusing the entity.

A vacuum noise came from several rooms away, forcing the entity to bundle them into a closet and remain quiet.

With a firm grip on (Y/n)'s shoulders, making their face glow, the entity bent its knees and warned,"This hotel is infested with cruel, psychotic entities who will kill you at all costs. I am not aware of your intentions, what would lead you to a place such as this, but I know you need my guidance and protection."

"Are they all like you?" (Y/n) questioned, raising an eyebrow and fanning their face,"If yes, I wouldn't mind..."

Rolling its eyes, it guided (Y/n)'s attention to the crack in the doors, and (Y/n) saw a green and pink light flash by. From what (Y/n) saw, they would've been dead if they dared to step out and into the light.

"What...what was that?" (Y/n)'s breaths got caught in their throat,"Please tell me I won't have to see that again."

"I can make you no promises; Ambush works on its own accord. I have no influence on the other entities and have no means of persuasion which would be effective." It explained, giving a light shove to the wardrobe doors and searching to see if Ambush had left. Once it was certain, it gestured to (Y/n) to exit the wardrobe,"We do not have the time to dawdle."

Stopping dead, (Y/n) sat in the wardrobe, doors opened, and stared it in the eyes,"What's to stop you from being the same? What does saving me do for yourself? How can I even trust you? Or, can I actually? I don't even know your name..."

"To answer every single one of your inquiries, I was the same at one point. I suppose the bloodshed caught up to me when I developed a conscience. Everything I had done was sickening to me, and I didn't gather why. Humans; they filtered in and out of the hotel and were meaningless to me, so what prevented me from killing them? The realisation that there was something to escape to, a place to go, people to escape for, things to see. I vowed I would someday escaped this wretched place and see past these walls. You have your right to be wary of me, but your suspicion is misplaced, rest assured." It rambled, rubbing tenderly at its neck halfway through,"And, to answer your final question, I have no name. I found my previous associates labelled me 'Rush', and I suppose you could too."

Offering a hand, Rush saw the remorse building in (Y/n)'s eyes. It dawned on them that it was a possibility; the entity had grown sick of navigating the same territory and longed for the sight of a new setting. Taking its hand, they got out the wardrobe and shook its hand,"The name's (Y/n)."

"I suppose you...'seek' escape?" Rush joked, being the only one to understand the pun.

Hopelessly lost, (Y/n)'s expression reflected how the joke went straight over their head.

Their eyes had a glisten to them, an innocence which no entity had. Helplessly, Rush got lost admiring them as (Y/n) was in a state of confusion, flustered.

"Uh, Rush?" (Y/n) waved a hand in front of its face, and it snapped back into reality.

Standing upright, it adjusted its waistcoat,"I'm so sorry; I have never gotten a proper look at human eyes before. They intrigue me and they're undeniably beautiful."

Is it...flirting with me?

If it wants to play, then count me in for a game.

"Well, I do have to say you have some assets which intrigue me too." (Y/n) teased, brushing their shoulder against its chest.

The entity didn't make a sound, remaining flustered, embarrassed but content," Uh, thank you."

A darker shade of grey became noticeable on the entity's cheeks, which (Y/n) could assume was blush. Petting its heated cheek, (Y/n) chuckled,"Alright then. Where is it you want me to go?"

Clasping its hand around their unoccupied one, Rush led them forth to resume their escape.