Day 18: First Time

It's Thursday morning and Shauna's house is quiet. Birds are chirping in the backyard and a dog can be heard barking a few doors down. Clouds are rolling in, indicating rain is coming.

Margaret and Frannie left the house early and Shauna is sleeping in after staying up most of the night working on her paper. She tells herself she stayed awake due to her paper but she probably wouldn't have slept anyway. Writing her paper was a good means of distracting herself from recounting James's touch over and over in her mind. Last night was the first time anyone other than herself could make her feel that way. She smiles at the thought.

Shauna finally wakes up and takes a long, relaxing shower. She lets the hot water wash over her body, allowing her mind to forget engineering for the time-being and imagine James's touch instead.

When she gets out of the shower, she hears a knock at the door. With her hair still wet from the shower and wearing a white tank top and shorts, Shauna peeks through the curtains to see who it is. It's James. Her heart skips a beat.

Shauna opens the door. James can't help but notice Shauna's see-through tank top. It's about the sexiest thing he's ever seen. He steps inside the door.

Shauna points at a small cooler in James's hands. "What's in there?"

"You'll see. Come here." He can't wait to feel Shauna in his arms any longer. He's been thinking about her all night. It was all he could do to not show up when the sun started to rise. He knew she needed her rest so waiting until 10 am seemed more reasonable.

James puts down the cooler and pulls her to him. He kisses her deeply and pushes her up against the wall as Shauna wraps her legs around him. They meld as one until James pulls back and puts his forehead on hers.

"Good morning beautiful." And he kisses her again as he lets her legs down to the floor. He grabs the cooler and leads her into the kitchen. Shauna's reeling from his touch, wishing he hadn't stopped.

James puts the cooler on the table. He kisses her again and whispers, "Is anyone else home?"

"No, they're both at class."

"How do you feel about spending the morning in bed?" he asks, as he pulls strawberries and champagne out of the cooler.

Shauna smiles at the thought. "I think that's a pretty good idea. Let me get some glasses." Shauna pulls out some champagne glasses while James pops the cork. Shauna places the strawberries on a plate while James fills the glasses. They both eat a strawberry and laugh when the champagne overflows as James pours it. They each grab a glass and try to catch as much champagne as they can before it reaches the counter.

With the rest of the strawberries and champagne, James leads Shauna out of the kitchen to her bedroom. James places the champagne and strawberries on her nightstand. He pulls the sheets down slowly and turns to Shauna.

"Hi," he says as he moves close to her.

"Hi," she says back, placing her hands on his chest.

He reaches down and gently pulls off her tank top. He runs his smooth hands over her pale white skin, stopping briefly to kiss each freckle.

Thunder, a rare occurrence in LA, is heard quietly in the distance. Mists of rain blow in over them from the open window.

James slowly removes Shauna's shorts and directs her hand to take off his belt. She unbuckles his jeans and let's them drop to the floor. She helps him out of his T-shirt, marveling at his taut stomach and defined arms. They wrap their arms around each other's naked body and stand for a long time feeling the warmth of their bare skin next to each other and their heartbeat eventually becoming one.

After a while, James lowers Shauna onto the bed. He lies down next to her and they take time learning every curve of each other's body.

Shauna knows she needs to be the one to make the next move. She's not sure what to say and finally whispers, "I want you to make love to me."

James kisses her softly. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

He leans over Shauna and grabs a condom from his jeans.

"Do you want to put it on me?"

"Okay," thanking God she forced Margaret to show her how.

"Would you like to be on top or bottom?" he asks.

"I don't know," Shauna says.

James gets on top of her and kisses her again. She's a little a nervous but she knows James will be gentle.

"Are you comfortable?" he asks.

"Yes."

"It might hurt a little."

"It's okay." James takes it slow, careful not to hurt her. He kisses her throughout, hoping Shauna can feel the love he has for her. Afterward, he scoops Shauna into his arms and the two hold each other as the cool, misty air blows in over them. Shauna knows she will remember this morning forever.