𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕★

Hela was lounging in a chair with a wine glass in her hand, They had wanted her there when they were planning the strategy for battle.

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves" Edward says as he sits forward.

Garret raises his eyebrows at Bella "Too bad we don't all have your shield."

Bella frowns "It doesn't help me fight though" Hela sat up straight at that, she hadn't heard anything about a shield.

Tanya points out " No, but you could help the rest of us, if you could project it."

Bella furrows her brows in confusion as she asks "What do you mean?"

"I mean shield someone other than yourself" Tanya clarified.

Bella looks to Carlisle as she asks "Is that possible?"

Carlisle clarifies "Gifts can be developed. Over time, maybe your powers can as well?"

"Bella" Hela speaks up and she looks at her "My powers were first only muting sounds, then slowly I could heighten them. Now look at me, I can make my own scream be lethal, but I am disappointed you never told me you had figured your gift out."

Bella frowns "I thought you already knew of my gift, because of my pre-turning?"

"Pre-turning is very unsure, with Christian's pre-turning he could make people feel aroused. That only increased his playboy attitude" Hela explained and teased as Christian blushed a little.

Bella asked eagerly "How did you do it?" Hela hesitated and Bella gripped her wrist "Tell me!"

Hela looked at the hand on her wrist and then back at Bella with raised eyebrows, Bella quickly takes off her hand. Hela stands up and says "This would be better if we did it outside."

They all went outside and Hela told Bella "Emotion, It's one of the biggest factors when we use our powers, it awakens it and controls it. When you use your powers you need to empty your thoughts and make sure that it only awakens and not controls, when your emotion controls your powers it means chaos and destruction. It happened to both me and Christian, it even happens sometimes now." Bella nods as she remembers Hela's scream when Jasper left.

Bella closes her eyes and breathes in deeply through her nose, Hela continues "First call on Happiness."

Bella remembers the fun sleepovers with Hela, Christian complimenting her for the first time, fixing the bikes with Jacob and the first time Edward kissed her. Bella feels nothing happen and frowns.

Hela notices that and told her "Not happiness then, try anger."

Bella remembers the anger she felt after finally accepting that Edward was gone, the anger when people laughed at her, the anger at Hela's ex-husband. She felt something, but struggled to keep it up.

Hela nodded at Kate and she electrocuted Edward, he yelled out in pain and Bella flinched while opening her eyes.

Hela told Kate "Stop!" Hela looked towards Bella and ordered "Again."

"But-" Bella tried to protest, but stopped after the look in Hela gave her and closed her eyes.

"Try it with Sadness" Hela muttered and Bella remembers the pain she felt when Edward left, Jacob ignoring her and Hela being mad at her. She felt something, but this time it was easier to keep up.

Hela again nodded at Kate and she electrocuted Edward, but nothing happened except Kate retracted her hand with a hiss. Bella opened her eyes and laughed while keeping it up. Edward described "It felt like someone was tickling me honestly."