Chapter 10:Double the Chaos

As the remainder of the team was running through the hallway of the castle, Ken was the first to break the silence as he expressed his concern.

"I hope the others are doing alright. Every Chaos Knight we've seen all have displayed strong amounts of dark energy. It makes me think we should've stayed behind to make sure the others wouldn't get into any serious harm." The Digidestined of Kindness said.

"Don't worry. I know my brother and Catherine will not give up so easily." Matt said with confidence, making Yolei add. "Same for Izzy, Joe and Mimi."

And with confidence on the Digidestined's side, Kazu expressed his for the Tamers.

"Not to mention MegaGargomon and Justimon are two of the toughest Digimon Shinjuku has to offer. I bet they're creaming the Royal Knights as we speak."

"Speaking of the Chaos Knights, I think we're up to the next one." Beelzemon interrupted, causing the group to look over and saw just a few feet away from them was a giant dragon's head made of stone, which had a massive door in the mouth.

Approaching the door, UlforceVeedramon opened it, the first one to step inside, followed closely by the others, but none were able to see who or what lurked within, for a mist of darkness consumed the area.

However, once all were inside, the door behind them suddenly closed, before the room then lit up, the walls revealing a line of dragon statues, each holding a ball of flame in their claws, the source of the light.

But sensing the familiar darkness, the energy that made the Chaos Knights, UlforceVeedramon extended his energy blade and warned his friends. "Heads up guys, we're not alone."

After those words were spoken, a giant surge of darkness, shaped like a dragon's head shot through the hall, at the Digidestined and Tamers, where in UlforceVeedramon acted fast.

"Tense-great Shield!" He called bringing up his left arm and creating a barrier of energy to protect himself and his friends.

However, even with his shield up, the dark energy clashing against it was quite powerful, slowly pushing him back.

And though he was managing one attack, UlforceVeedramon could sense another coming.

"Get down!" UlforceVeedramon suddenly called, forcing energy into the barrier to push back the frontal attack, before turning, the crest on his chest glowing as he then yelled. "The Ray of Victory!"

Firing the energy, which shot over the Digidestined and the Tamers, it tore through a massive sweep of blazing arrows, all exploded as they came into contact with the blast, before UlforceVeedramon's attack continued and shot at a shadowed figure that avoided the blast and leapt from wall to wall as UlforceVeedramon continued to try and strike it.

Ceasing his attack as the figure landed, UlforceVeedramon, the Digidestined and Tamers looked ahead and saw two Digimon come into view.

The first was a beast-like Digimon, looking to be a centaur due to its body structure, human-like torso, four horse legs and gray tail, though its being was covered in black coloured armour, with Digital Hazard Symbol marked on its armoured leggings and forehead.

Red eyes could be seen behind its helmet, as could a mane of wild, purple hair, while equipped to its left arm was a mighty looking crossbow, armed and ready to fire.