Chapter 16: Alpha, Beta, Gamma Get Ya

While UlforceVeedramon, Gallantmon and the others had made their way inside the South Tower, Tai and his team had entered the East and braced themselves, knowing that their fight could be the toughest they had ever faced.

Stepping inside, the Digidestined and Tamers, saw their enemy standing at the end of the tower's hall.

Taking in its appearance, the Digimon was a warrior, clad in pitch black armour that had green coloured marking around its shoulder plates, wrists, kneecaps and the wing-like appendages on its back, along with green gems set in his helmet, chestplate and waist, while wrapped around its form was a torn cape, red in colour and bore the Digital Hazard symbol.

Seeing their enemy, all were about to face off, only for the Chaos Knight to unfurl his cape, revealing a massive axe that it then swung, creating a powerful wind that shook up and threw the Digidestined and Tamers.

"Man, this knight is really packing some energy." Terriermon commented in a somewhat distressed tone, clinging onto Henry's shoulder as the winds continued to surge through the tower.

"No kidding." Kazu said in reply, agreeing with Terriermon, but had to ask. "But who is this guy?"

From the question, the Chaos Knight, set his axe down, causing the winds to fade and all to recover, focusing on the black armoured Digimon.

"I am Alphamon Zeta, the Soul Striker, and the greatest warrior of all thirteen Chaos Knights." The Digimon replied.

"And you all shall be the first to have their very souls shattered at my hand." Alphamon Zeta then said, raising his arm and clenching his fist.

From Alphamon Zeta's words and knowing them to be no bluff, Patamon started to shake in fear, which TK noticed, looked at his partner with concern as he asked. "Patamon what's wrong?"

"H... his power... The chaos, it... it's unimaginable..." Patamon said, his tone full of fear, which concerned TK further.

"T... Tai, that's him, the Digimon Omnimon Alter-B told us about. I can feel his power too. It's like nothing we've encountered before. He is the leader of the Chaos Knights." Agumon said, causing Tai to nod in reply.

"I know, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid, but we've made it this far and we cannot back down now." The Digidestined of Courage said, grasping his Digivice tightly.

"Let's do this!" Matt said, feeling Tai's determination as he withdrew his Digivice, while Gabumon, too sensing the power of Alphamon Zeta, overcame his initial intimidation and prepared to achieve his Mega form.

"Gabumon Wrap Digivolve to... MetalGarurumon!" The Digimon of Friendship let out with a powerful roar, ready to blast Alphamon Zeta into tiny flakes of ice.

"I'm with you Matt." Jun said, she too readying her Digivice and giving its power to Silvermon, who announced. "Silvermon Warp Digivolve to... Kuzuhamon!"

With Matt and Jun ready, Tai looked at his friends, holding up his Digivice and causing the others to follow, where in the Digidestined and Tamers tapped into their power and causing all their partners to reach their Mega forms, leaving VictoryGreymon, MetalGarurumon, BurstPhoenixmon, Kuzuhamon, Seraphimon, Gryphonmon, HerculesKabuterimon, Rosemon, Vikemon, Dominimon, MegaGargomon, Justimon and HiAndromon standing as one.

However, even with the thirteen Digimon against him, Alphamon Zeta showed no fear, actually embracing the challenge of the heroes and heroines as he held his left arm out and made a motion with his fingers for them to approach.

"You want to face me, then come, show me the power that has brought you here." He called, grasping his axe with both hands as he prepared to fight.

"Gladly!" MegaGargomon said back, being the first to attack, followed closely by MetalGarurumon.