Chapter 9: Love and Honour

Continuing their way through the castle, UlforceVeedramon and the others made their way up several floors, coming to a stop when they entered a room and found its decour quite different to the dark stone and medieval styles they had passed.

As they entered the room, all took in the surroundings, finding the walls covered in vines, which were blooming with black coloured roses, alongside lines of mirrors on both sides.

But the Digidestined and tamers stopped when they heard a light chuckle.

"I was hoping we'd meet again. Now you can pay for damaging my beauty." A familiar voice said, causing the heroes and heroines to turn and saw ChaosCrusadermon, holding another black rose, making them all get defensive as the only woman of the Chaos Knights stepped from out of the shadows.

"Bring it on!" Beelzemon snapped back, drawing out his guns and aiming them at the Chaos Knight, only for her to chuckle.

"I have no interest in you." ChaosCrusadermon commented, pointing at Mimi and Palmon, where she then said with a more spiteful tone, while crushing the rose in her hand. "They are the ones I wish to destroy."

After her statement, ChaosCrusadermon turned her head, gazing at the wall at the end of the room, where in the vines retracted, revealing an archway.

"The others are waiting for you, better hurry." The Chaos Knight then said, turning her attention back upon Mimi and Palmon, ready to fight the pair, causing Mimi and Palmon to step forward, showing they too were ready for their rematch.

But concerned for her friends, Sora faced Mimi and asked. "Are you sure about this?"

"Don't worry, we'll be fine." Mimi replied with a confident tone, making Sora nod and smile.

"Alright. Just be careful." The Digidestined of Love then said, before heading off with the others, leaving the Digidestined and Digimon of Sincerity to handle ChaosCrusadermon.

Or so they thought.

"I said I only wanted to defeat you two, what are you brats still doing here?" ChaosCrusadermon questioned, puzzling Mimi and Palmon, until both turned and saw Izzy and Tentomon had yet to move.

"We are staying to fight." Izzy said in reply, facing Mimi, where he told her. "Mimi, I know you and Palmon are strong, but I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to either of you, that is why we are staying."

"Suit yourself." ChaosCrusadermon spoke up, closing the vine wall and trapping the four inside her domain.

"Now you too shall perish at my hand, alongside your girlfriends." The corrupt Digimon said, mocking the Digidestined and Digimon, only for them to ignore her words and for Izzy and Mimi to withdraw their Digivices, focus their energies and release them into Palmon and Tentomon.

"Palmon Warp Digivolve to... Rosemon!" The Digimon of Sincerity called, reaching her Mega form.

"Tentomon Digivolve to... Kabuterimon!" Kabuterimon announced, reaching his Champion form before continuing. "Kabuterimon Digivolve to... MegaKabuterimon!"

And after Digivolving, the pair faced ChaosCrusadermon, ready to confront the corrupt female of the Chaos Knights and finish what Mimi and Rosemon had started the first time they had the mispleasure of encountering her.