Chapter 8: rise of hope and reliabilit

From the top floor of their castle, KingEtemon and PrinceMamemon were watching their Chaos Knights fighting the Digidestined and Tamers, while also observing those who had yet come across the next of their Knights, confident that their subordinates wouldn't fail them.

"Well this here is getting mighty interesting." KingEtemon commented, watching BlackCranimon prepare himself against Zudomon and MegaGargomon, while BlackExamon was in the skies, trying to crush Magnamon and Gryphonmon.

"I couldn't agree with you more, my friend." PrinceMamemon said in reply, turning his focus on UlforceVeedramon and the others as he then added. "Though I wonder how the rest will fair against a Chaos Knight they have already faced."

"Not to worry. They will stop at nothing to eliminate those brats." KingEtemon replied with a smirk, looking forward to seeing which Digidestined and Tamers would be the fools to face the third Chaos Knight.

-Back with BlackExamon-

The Chaos Knight was high in the skies, his lance drawn and mouth filled with fire as he tried to destroy MagnaAngemon and Gryphonmon.

"Blazing Dragon Breath!" He roared, spewing the flames in an uproar at the Digimon.

However, his massive size over the pair was starting to become a disadvantage, for MagnaAngemon and Gryphonmon were able to use their superior speed to avoid the attacks, before coming in close and striking BlackExamon.

"Mobius Bite!" Gryphonmon announced as she sunk her fangs into BlackExamon, while MagnaAngemon drew Excalibur and slashed it across the corrupt Dragon, making him roar from the small amount of damages inflicted upon him, but namely due to the pair bothering him.

"Hold still so I can crush you, you annoying bugs!" BlackExamon yelled, getting highly enraged as he continued to try and strike MagnaAngemon and Gryphonmon, only for them to continue to avoid his attacks and hit him in retaliation.

"Enough!" The Chaos Knight then roared, his body set ablaze with a powerful stream of fire that blasted around him, striking both MagnaAngemon and Gryphonmon, making both cry out from the damage inflicted to them.

"MagnaAngemon, no!" TK called out as he watch his best friend getting blast by the stream of fire.

"Gryphonmon!" Catherine added, sounding concerned at seeing her partner harmed too.

However, the Digidestined pair could only watch as BlackExamon continued to make the Digimon suffer, grabbing them before they hit the ground and began to crush them in his clawed hands.

"Pathetic." BlackExamon said, his grasp tightened as he brought MagnaAngemon and Gryphonmon up so he could see their pained expressions.

"After all your confidence to stay back and fight me, I thought you would prove a challenge, but I was wrong, you are just pests wasting my time. Just give up on hope so our masters will win." The corrupt Digimon then said.

"Never!" Gryphonmon spat back, ignoring the pain she felt and remained determined as she then told BlackExamon. "Monsieur TK and his friends have always fought their hardest and never given up. Even when the odds of victory seemed impossible, they would find a way to win."

"They inspire me to keep going and to never quit." She then said, before facing MagnaAngemon, Gryphonmon then said. "And with the very Digimon of Hope, I know we will win."