Chapter 10

Enid's POV:

When I open my eyes I see that Wednesday is still asleep. I thought yesterday was going to be the worst day of my life, but in the end, it was probably the best. I am officially Wednesday's girlfriend and last night was.... well... the best night of my life. Wednesday knew that I wanted to wait until I was ready so she did not go further down than my neck. She may be quite rude to some people, but to me, he is one of the sweetest, most respectful, and loving person I've ever met. I looked at my phone and noticed it was already 9 o'clock. Mrs. Addams normally come up to wake us around 9:15 am. I put my hand on Wednesday's shoulder. 

"It's 9 o'clock, I have to head back to the room."

She nods slightly. I kiss her then scurry back to my room. I crawl under the covers and try to go back to sleep. I lay there, wide awake, for another 10 minutes until Mrs. Addams knocks on the door and tells me that breakfast was ready. I hop up and run back to Wednesday's room. She was slowly getting up from her bed when I walked in. 

"Good morning!"

"Good morning Enid."

We both wash our face and brush our hair then we head downstairs. 

"Good morning Mr. Addams!" I say excitedly. 

"Please, call me Gomez." 

I smile. "Good morning Gomez."

"Good morning."

We both sit at the table and wait for the food to be ready. Wednesday grabs my hand and holds it. Our fingers twine together perfectly. We keep our hands under the table so her parents do not see. She looked at me and smiled and I smile back. She drops her smile and nudges me. She shakes her head to tell me that I am blushing. I put my head down until I feel my face cool down. 

--------- (3 months later)

Wednesday helps me pack up all my clothes. I can't believe summer went by so fast. After my mother let me stay at the Addams' house, everything was calm. No drama, no crying, no yelling. Just Wednesday and I enjoying our summer together. 

"I can't believe we are already going back to Nevermore." I say in disbelief. 

"Me too, summer went by so fast."

"You know what they say, the more fun you have, the faster time goes by." I say with a smile. 

Wednesday blushes then goes back to packing. I've noticed she hasn't been smiling at all the last couple days. She's never been a big smiler but when she's with me she smiles at least once a day. I wonder if she's worried about going back to Nevermore, she has to have some P.T.S.D. from that night. 

We finish packing then head to the car. We sit in our normal spots but this time Pugsley is with us. He came home from summer camp about a week ago, which means, since he needed the lamp back, my room was completely dark at night, luckily I never slept in my own bed anyway.

When we get to the school I look around and wave to all my friends. We grab our bags, say goodbye to Wednesday's family, and head inside. When we get to our room Wednesday looks upset. 

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure because yo-"

"I'm fine Enid!" She yells. 

I step back shocked. Her face relaxes when she realizes she snapped at me. 

"I'm sorry, I guess being back here just brings back some memories."

"It's okay, me too."

I am worried about Wednesday. She is probably getting so many flashbacks and I just know she won't talk about it. She never does. I am worried that she will keep it inside and one day she will explode. And I don't know what she will do. I'm scared she will hurt someone, even if it's not on purpose.