Chapter 7

Wednesday's POV:

I open my eyes and see Xavier's face. I sit up and he backs up. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"I saved you... again." Xavier answered with a laugh. 

I looked beside me and saw part of The Weathervane sign on the ground. The mayor has been told many times that the sign was loose and needed to be repaired. I guess it finally fell. 

"Well... thank you." I said starting to get up. 

"Woah, take it easy. You probably hit your head." He said putting his hand on my shoulder, keeping me from standing. 

I looked at him and pulled away. 

"Right, sorry." He said pulling his hand back. 

"I'm fine."

I pull myself to my feet and immediately feel dizzy. I lose my balance a little and Xavier catches me. The dizziness goes away and I back up. 

"I think you should get checked out."

 I shake my head and look the door. 

"The Weathervane is closed, do you want to try this another day?" I ask.

"No need, they just built another coffee shop on the corner." 

I look down the road and I see it. It's only about a block away so we start walking. 

"So... is Enid still living at your house."

I nod. 

"Are you dating anyone? Is that too personal of a question? I'm not great at small talk."

"It is a little personal but no, no I'm not."

I guess I wasn't hiding my complicated relationship very well because Xavier seemed curious. 

"Is there someone you want to date." He asked looking at me.

"It's complicated."

"Try me."

I look at him contemplating if I should tell him. Maybe if I don't say that it's Enid? I feel like I need to tell someone about it. I have all these emotions that I don't know what to do with and I feel like I need to let them out. Maybe telling him will help?

"Well..." I pause. I don't even know where to start. 

"Can I guess?" 

I look at him curiously.

"Your in love with someone but they don't love you?"

"No"

"Really? Other way around?" He's really curious now.

"Not really. More like they love me and I love them but one of us isn't ready to have a relationship." I finally tell him. 

He stops. "Wow, who is he?"

I look at him then keep walking. 

"Who is she?" he says catching up with me.

I don't say yes but I also don't say no. And that's enough for him to know he was right the second time. 

"Wednesday Addams in love... with a girl at that. Who would've thought."

"It surprised me too. You would be even more shocked if you knew who."

This made him even more intrigued. I don't know why I'm telling him all of this. I guess after all that happened I feel I can trust him with this. 

When we get to the shop I look up at the sign. Gracehaven Cafe. I heard Enid talk about it a few times but I have never actually been inside.