Chapter 8

Enid's POV:

As I lay in bed staring up at the ceiling I thought of what happened. Wednesday was right, I did spook. It's not that I didn't want her to kiss me, I just didn't think she actually wanted to. When she looked at my lips I freaked. I knew what she was going to do and, at first, I was ecstatic. But then I was freaking out. I don't really know why. I guess I just realized that I have never kissed a girl. I kissed Ajax but I never really liked him as much as I like Wednesday. I guess I'm just scared that once she starts to date me, she will get tired of me. I know that I'm loud but I can't help it. 

-----------

After laying on my bed, unable to sleep, for an hour, I decide to get up. I walk to Wednesday's room to see if she was awake. When I open the door I see her passed out in her bed. She is so peaceful when she sleeps. 

"Did you want something." She asks. 

I jump. "Oh, sorry I thought you were asleep."

"I was. I heard you open the door."

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to wake you. I just wanted to see if you were still awake, I can't sleep."

She sits up and pats the bed signaling for me to sit. I walk over and sit next to her.

"What's up?" Wednesday asks.

"I don't know, I just feel like-" I stop. I look at her arm and see cuts. I think she notices so she quickly tries to hide it.

"Wednesday, did you do that?"

She pulls her sleeve down. "It's nothing."

I grab her arm and pull her sleeve up. There were fresh cuts on her wrists. I could tell they were from tonight. I look at her, concerned. She looks down and pulls her arm back.

"Are those from tonight?"

She nods. I immediately feel heavy guilt. Is it because of my reaction earlier?

"Wednesday... why did you do this?"

"It helps to deal with the pain. The mental pain." she answers.

"Wednesday, you can talk to me, you know that right?"

"Not really."

"What do you mean."

She looks up at me. "I can't talk about it to you because you are the reason I am feeling this way."

"I made you do this?"

"You didn't make me do anything. This is just how I deal with things. It's not your fault that I love you."

I was stunned. In seconds my mood changed drastically. "You... you love me?"

"Of course I love you Enid, I was going to kiss you but now I understand."

"Understand? Understand what?"

"I understand that you moved on."

What? Moved on? Why would she like that? I did everything BUT move on. I still love her more than anything else. 

"Moved on? Wednesday what are you talking about?"

"You freaked when I was about to kiss you, I thought you didn't like me anymore." She seemed confused now. 

"Oh that. No I just freaked cause... well I don't really know why. But I still like you Wednesday, I promise."

She looked up at me and her lips curled into a small smile. I blushed so hard.