Chapter 2

Wednesday's POV:

Sinclair was still frantically packing her favorite stuffed animals when my mother and father walked into our dorm. Lurch took my bags and started carrying them out to the car. Enid went to the bathroom to give me a chance to talk to my parents.

"Are you ready to go my dear?"

"Yes mother, but I wanted to ask you if Sinclair could come stay with us over the summer. She's having some... problems with her parents and she needs somewhere to stay."

"Well of course she can!" My father replied.

As soon as my father agreed Sinclair charged out of the bathroom door and hugged both my parents thanking them over and over. It's astonishing how my parents can be so tolerant of another being hugging them. Even the thought of someone hugging me makes me nauseous. Although, when Sinclair hugged me after the fight, it kind of felt.. nice. No, that was different. We both almost died. My brain was obviously overwhelmed and confused. I could never enjoy so much physical touch.

It took the four of us, plus Lurch to carry all of Sinclair's luggage to the car. She packed so much stuff you would think she was moving in forever. But shes not, it's only for the summer. Then she will go back home and live with her parents. Although I don't know if I like the idea of her living with those people again. She deserves so much better.

Sinclair sat next to me and my parents sat across from us. As soon as we got into the car there was nonstop talking for an hour straight. I don't know how she had so much to say but my parents seemed to enjoy it. Every time she would say anything about me, my mother would look at me with a smirk. This was starting to get on my nerve but I did nothing about it.

Sinclair slowly started to slow down and she eventually fell asleep with her head against the window. She slept so peacefully. She was like a little puppy. She looked so happy even when she was asleep. Always had a small smile on her face.

I stayed awake the whole car ride. Oddly enough, I slept well with Sinclair curled up against me last night. Even though it was cold outside, her body kept me warm all night long. I think that's why I never pulled away from her. I guess some people might even say I... enjoyed it. Perhaps having a best friend can change you.

When we got to the house Sinclair was still asleep. I gave her a little nudge.

"We're here."

She slowly raised her head and looked at the house.

"Oh. My. Gosh. you never told he you lived in a mansion!" She yelled shaking me by the shoulders.

My mother looked at me with a confused face while she did this.

"Wednesday must like you quite a bit to let you touch her like that." My mother said with a small laugh.

"I do not 'like' Sinclair. I simply tolerate her. I only let her do this because it would not be polite to push her away." I respond in a warning voice.

My mother sent a slight smile towards my father as she was getting out of the car. Sinclair completely missed that whole conversation as she was still mesmerized by my home.

We went inside and I led Sinclair upstairs. her bedroom was only two doors down from mine divided by a bathroom.

"We will have to share the bathroom, but we will get our own rooms."

Sinclair was still smiling ear to ear.

"That's okay!" She answered.

I showed her to her room and helped her make the bed.