Chapter 20

Mother and Daughter Time in Tokyo, Though Ruined by Getting Kidnapped

______

The battle with Dartz was over and peace was finally restored once again. And since there was no trouble coming around, you suggested it was time to have family time with your mother and brother.

Needless to say, Asahi had to bring Miroku, Kilala, and Sesshomaru back to the Feudal Era; much the nekotama's displeasure since she wanted to stay with you longer (including the Inu lord). But at least it made Kilala happy that Aslan was by your side.

Now that you returned to Tokyo with your family, you wondered if your friends were alright since Joey told you that Pegasus flew them to an unknown forest. Sighing, you began walking the longs stairs to the Higurashi Shrine with your mother carrying a few groceries in hand.

A week ago, you introduced your mother to the Higurashi family as they welcomed her. As for Kagome, she was surprised to see Tara in person. Not only that, a certain Inu half breed came in at the wrong time due to taking Kagome to come back to the Feudal Era to find the shards.

Inuyasha was also surprised to see the sorceress and noticed the similarities between you and her. Your mother was shocked to see another son of her former Inu lord, though she pitied the boy since his father was in love with Inuyasha's mother named Izayoi.

Tara greeted him, even though the half demon was a bit of a tsundere around her. It was kinda funny to see as you giggled at the memory. As soon as you and your mother made it to the top of the long stairs, you both walked inside the house and placed the groceries on the table as Ms. Higurashi greeted you both.

"Welcome back, Tara, Y/n. I hope you two didn't have any problems at the store."

"It's alright, Ms. Higurashi. And it went well for me and my mother since she was curious on how time has changed here in the modern era." You said with a smile.

"I have to say, this era is wonderful," Tara comments, "but I prefer the forest more than a bunch of...tall structures and loud noises."

Kagome's mother chuckles, "You're not wrong, Tara. Still, there are some people who prefer to live near open fields with trees around them."

"I second that," you agreed before looking at the time on the clock, "well, I better finish up some homework that was mailed two days ago. I'll be in my room if you need me!"

Before any of the older women could say a word, they watched you rushed upstairs to the said room as they heard the door quickly open and then closed with a slam. Both Tara and Ms. Higurashi chuckled as they began putting away the groceries in their respective places.

"I'm happy that Y/n is in good hands here in the modern world." The sorceress said with a sad smile, "Though I wish I could've just watch her grow if I'd been here."

"You would have, Tara," Ms. Higurashi sighs, "but things would be different if her adoptive mother didn't have an affair outside her marriage." She muttered.