Chapter 14

Making Promises

______

You stayed by your brother's side as you both watched Joey grieve over Mai, who has been taken by those bikers. He blames himself for letting Mai slip away. You frowned by your friend's heartbreak, not noticing two people coming in as Yami saw who it was.

"Kaiba?"

You turned around and saw the Kaiba brothers, Seto and Mokuba.

"What are you guys doing here?" Mokuba asked.

Duke appears after unlocking all exits from the control room.

"Woah, it's a party. What brings you two here?" He asked.

"Certainly not the geek convention," Kaiba commented with a snarky remark.

"Take a hike, will ya? We were here first!" Tristan said.

"Why don't you!" Mokuba added.

"So those are the Kaiba brothers you told me about?" Asahi whispered, making you nod.

Kilala mewed and jumped out of Asahi's arms before approaching to Mokuba. You tried to call back the nekotama, but Mokuba noticed her approach. He knelt down and began to pet her.

"You're a rare cat I've never seen before." Mokuba comments.

Kilala purred with delight as she jumps onto his shoulder, licking his face. Mokuba giggles before placing her back on the ground. The nekotama walks back to you as you picked her up, bringing her into your arms.

"So this is your cat, Y/n?" The boy asks.

"Not really, but I guess you could say that since she's clingy to me." You answer with a smile.

"I see," he then noticed your brother next to you, "and who would you be?"

"Asahi. Asahi L/n, my lil sister's long-lost big brother." The white-ette male greeted.

"Long-lost big brother, huh?" Kaiba mocks, "Tell me, how can a brother like you be separated from his sister for a long time? How ridiculous."

"Kaiba..." you whispered with anger.

"What, Y/n? Got something to say?"

You looked to the side with a tsk.

"Thought so." Kaiba turned to Yami, "Any sign of Pegasus?"

"We're too late." He said.

"Those bikers got to him first." Asahi added.

"Believe it or not, Mai Valentine got to him first and took his soul with some Orichalcos thing." Tristan stated.

"Orichalcos?" Kaiba questions, sounding somewhat familiar with the card.