Bloodshed

CHAPTER THIRTY

T o r i

🎶 Taylor Swift feat. The Civil Wars, Safe and Sound

"No, no, no, please." I put pressure on her wound. Tuluy-tuloy ang pagdaloy ng dugo mula sa kanyang sugat. I lifted her head slowly and pulled her into a hug. "Iris, please, baby, stay with me. Hold on, my love. Help is coming. Just hold on." I was rocking her body slowly, humming a song. "Iris, I love you so much." Nakapikit na ang kanyang mga mata, but I can still feel a pulse. She's still alive. "Baby, we can survive this. Please don't go. I need you. I simply cannot go on with my life without you. So please, Irisveil, live for me."

I've never been so scared in my life. I've never been this hurt. Everything went to slow motion when I saw my beloved, Luna, got shot down by the enemy. It was definitely loud, but all I can hear is my racing heartbeat. I'm so stupid. How can I let this happen? It was an easy task. I should've just killed the man who murdered my parents and killed my sister, and now this happened. "I swear to God, if something happens to her I will kill you. I don't give a shit if it would be overkill. I will kill you, Hannibal! Start praying!"

Ipinasok na nila sa mobile ang gago. Tinitignan pa rin niya ako kahit na papalayo na ang sasakyan. Sumunod din agad ang convoy para masiguradong maikukulong siya at hindi makakatakas. "Where the hell is the paramedics?! God forbid if this girl loses her life, I will-" Kai was there to comfort me. I don't know what to say, and why she is here, but I just needed someone to cry on. "She's dying. She was shot in front of me. She took the bullet that's for me. And now, I, she's..."

"Get up," What a hoarse voice. It's been a while since I heard this one. "Get up, you pimp."

"Not now, Reese."

"Ugh, you are such a baby. Ako na ang bubuhat kay Iris. Mamatay pa 'yan sa kakaarte mo."

"Wala ka talagang kafeelings-feelings, bwisit ka." Tinapik ko ang kamay nito nang subukan niyang kunin sa'kin si Iris. "Can't you see that I'm scared?!"

"My disorder does not make me blind, Victoria," I told her what happened. She pretended she was listening until I realized that she was not. "Been watching on the sidelines, Valmont. I got what I need. He confessed. I can build your defense from there."

"Drag him to hell, De Leon."

"Consider it done. I'll file an appeal first thing in the morning."

I watch them take away the love of my life from my arms. Reese talked me into it before she left. There was so much blood. Kaya siya nawalan ng malay dahil sa sobrang dami ng dugo na nawala sa kanya. "Stop crying, ma'am. Your best friend, Doctor Marasigan, and her fiancée, Erin, will be there to treat your girl. I'm sure she will be fine." Tinulungan akong tumayo ng bata. Tinanong ko rin siya kung bakit siya narito. "I saw the news. I'm watching live from my car. My sister, your friend, was here, too. She was so worried, and I thought she'd ruin the whole plan if she comes here stomping to save you, that's why I sent her home."

"Your sister?" Hindi siya sumagot nang tanungin ko siya kung sino yung kapatid niya. Instead, pinasakay niya ako sa kanyang mabilis na kotse at humarurot papunta sa ospital kung saan nila dinala ang aking kasintahan.

Pagdating namin sa lugar, naroon ang kambal. "Ice, Yuri, I told you not to go out. It's not safe." Hindi nila pinansin si Kai at tumakbo papunta sa akin. I feel sorry for the girl. I will have to thank her later after this. Kailangan ko ring kausapin ang dalawang ito. Umalis na ang bata. Alam kong gusto nila itong habulin pero nagpipigil lang ang sila. "You know, you two need to apologize to that girl."