It's Like a Flashback

If there was one thing Minghao liked least about his beautiful boyfriend, it wasn't the way he slept with his eyes open or the fact that he was always showing him cat videos. It was the way Junhui was so careless about his old injuries.

Even though Minghao was sometimes startled late at night when he rolled over to see Junhui's eyes open, he didn't hate it, he thought it was an endearing habit of Junhui's, and in all honesty, Minghao loved the cat videos Junhui showed him. Junhui getting injured, on the other hand, was always horrible.

Minghao knew that as a kid Junhui had severely injured his waist and lower back, and he knew that it had weakened Junhui a lot, but Junhui never showed it. Even when Junhui had broken his hip a year ago, he was still a champ about it, doing his best not to complain about the pain he was in.

They were in practice when Minghao's nightmare came true for the second time, much to his dismay.

Soonyoung had prepared a dance already, and they were all just learning it.

Part of the choreography required Junhui to twist his spine awkwardly, and he had already been in visible pain from the start. Doing the move over and over was pushing him further and further each time.

"Hui, stop if it hurts," Minghao warned, grabbing Junhui's arm to stop him from doing the move again.

Junhui shook his head, pressing a small kiss to Minghao's forehead. "I'm fine, love," he whispered, going back to rehearsing.

It was only a few tries later that Junhui did the twist at full speed to the music, and a small pop could be heard, Junhui falling to the ground and rolling onto his front, a hand pressed into the spot just right of his spine.

The three other dancers rushed to help their fallen friend.

It was clear that Junhui was in some incredible pain, crying and groaning as Minghao gently got his shirt off and Soonyoung applied an ice pack to where Junhui was holding his back.

"Call an ambulance," Chan whispered to Soonyoung, helping to hold the ice pack in place.

Soonyoung nodded and left the room to make the call.

Minghao stayed at Junhui's head, playing with his hair to calm him down. Junhui kept a tight grip on Minghao's wrist, holding him close and not letting him leave.

It didn't take long for the ambulance to arrive, putting a brace around Junhui's back before getting him onto the gurney and taking him to the hospital.

Minghao wasn't allowed with him, Soonyoung keeping him back because of how late it was.

Minghao was clearly getting freaked out, and it was starting to get to his system, face turning pale.

Chan quickly gave him some snacks to get his blood sugar back up before the three headed out to the car.

Minghao went straight to his and Junhui's room, but he didn't sleep at all. He spent all night with his phone, waiting for a call to say he could go see Junhui and texting Junhui the moment he could. The two texted each other over the night, Junhui telling Minghao to go to sleep several times, but Minghao was too scared to.

What Minghao wasn't registering was the fact that he was silently panicking over Junhui.

Junhui hadn't mentioned his injury and was refusing to answer questions about it, so Minghao was still so worried about it.

The next morning when Minghao said goodbye to Junhui and promised to see him soon before heading out to breakfast, Minghao felt awful.

He sat down with the others, vaguely hearing a few worried comments about how pale he was and the bags under his eyes.