With You

Since Minghao's first-ever seizure, it had been a challenge to keep his hypoglycaemia from the other members.

At one point, Minghao went into a hypo with all the other members, almost reaching the point of delusional before Seungcheol dragged him out of the room and gave him an injection to get him back. It had been a frightening experience for Minghao, so Seungcheol made sure to keep a closer eye on him.

Since then, Minghao had been much more careful, checking his blood sugar whenever he could to ensure he didn't have more hypos.

In China, Minghao always let himself slip up with his schedule.

Minghao and Junhui were brought over to China for some filming in Beijing together. Although he had begged their manager, Minghao had been told he wasn't allowed to visit his parents because of the seven-hour drive it would take to get there.

Reminding himself that he was an adult now, Minghao told himself to forget it, but it was still stressing him out.

He was so much closer to his parents than normal, yet he still couldn't see them.

It was stressing Minghao out the whole time he was in China, to the point where he started ignoring his reminders to check his blood sugar.

Minghao and Junhui were right in the middle of filming when it happened.

Minghao started feeling dizzy, much like he had all those months ago when he had his seizure with Seungcheol.

As quickly as he could, Minghao excused himself to the bathroom. The producers paused filming for him so Junhui ran after Minghao.

"Jun, just leave me alone," Minghao said through gritted teeth.

Junhui shook his head, taking Minghao's arm when he grabbed his bag. "You look sick. What if you need my help."

Just as Minghao shoved open the bathroom door, he collapsed, Junhui grabbing him by the arm so he didn't crack his skull open on the floor.

Minghao rolled his eyes. "Fine. I have chronic hypoglycaemia. I'm always sneaking off to check my blood sugar. Happy now?"

Junhui shook his head. "Do you have low blood sugar right now?"

Minghao nodded. "My glucometer." He pointed to his bag, letting Junhui pull him into my lap.

"Is this it?" Junhui asked, picking up a blue case.

Minghao nodded. "There's a little cylindrical thing inside with a button on the top. If you press the button a needle comes out of the bottom. You also need to open the little box and get out one of the test strips. Stick it into the gap at the bottom of the monitor. It should turn on by itself."

Minghao's voice was getting weaker by the second.

Junhui did as he was told before turning back to Minghao. "Okay. What now?"

Minghao sighed. "Prick my finger with the needle. Preferably the side. Hurts less. Once you've done that, wipe away one drop of blood with a paper towel and wait for another drop to form. Press the test strip to the second drop so the monitor picks it up. If it's lower than 54mg/dL, give me the injection in the orange case in my bag. If it is under 70mg/dL, give me some dextrose tablets. If I faint, give me the injection no matter how low it is."

Junhui nodded, moving the needle to prick Minghao's finger.

Minghao winced a little as Junhui pressed the button. It was still something he wasn't all that used to yet and he knew that over time, he was going to end up with a very scarred finger if he had to keep doing it.