After-Party

Award shows had always been stressful, but SEVENTEEN always looked forward to the afterparty, when they could have some drinks and say hello to all their friends and have a laugh.

Minghao decided to say hello to Xiaojun, checking in on him and asking how he was doing with his epilepsy.

The next people Minghao said hello to were Kai and Xiumin from EXO, giving them a proper thank you for helping him at last year's award show.

Once he'd thanked EXO, a few members of SEVENTEEN came over for some company.

During the long evening, Minghao forgot to check his blood sugar, even when he started getting a little dizzy. Minghao assumed that he'd drank too much and put down his glass of wine.

It took another twenty minutes for Minghao to realise he was actually having a hypo, and then he realised that he had left his bag with the manager when he went back to the company building.

Minghao's eyes darted around looking for someone who could help him. His members, Kai, Xiumin and Xiaojun were both nowhere in sight, but Minghao did see Wonho and Shownu talking.

If any of the groups at this party knew about his hypoglycaemia, it was them.

Minghao rushed over, only just making it to Wonho before his legs gave out.

"Minghao? What's wrong?" Wonho asked, holding Minghao up with a thick arm looped around his small waist.

"My hypoglycaemia. I feel so tired..." Minghao whined softly, feeling Wonho moving him out of the main room and down to a bathroom where they were more hidden away.

Once Minghao was on the floor of the bathroom, Shownu took a close look at Minghao, seeing the dark patches of skin on Minghao's neck and jaw.

"Are you sure it's hypoglycaemia? What can we do to help?" Shownu asked, raising Minghao's head in his lap.

"Ambulance..." Minghao whispered, voice trailing off as his eyes rolled back.

It seemed almost impossible that Minghao had fallen sick so quickly.

"Minghao, come on. Wake up." Wonho said, shaking Minghao's shoulder slightly.

Minghao didn't respond at all, staying unconscious as Wonho grabbed his phone and called the emergency services.

Once he hung up the phone, Shownu and Wonho worked on making him comfortable.

The poor kid was tiny under Wonho and Shownu, and he seemed smaller as he lay unconscious on the floor.

"Let's get him in the recovery position. Just in case."

Wonho nodded and gently rolled Minghao onto his side, and bent his knee.

The ambulance took much too long to arrive. It was at least ten minutes.

Seven minutes after Wonho placed the call, Minghao's eyes opened wide, body beginning to kick and jerk around.

Shownu gasped, placing his hands on either side of Minghao's head to keep him as still as possible. Minghao's back arched, head pulling back so much it would have been painful if he was awake, his hands were curled into themselves, drawn close to his chest as his arms began to jerk. Drool started pouring from his mouth, forming a puddle on the floor under his head.

"Oh, God. Go look for Seungcheol." Shownu yelled at Wonho, watching as he got up and left the room to search for SEVENTEEN's leader.

Wonho returned three minutes later, just as the paramedics were led to the bathroom by some security staff.