Out and About

As much as Minghao loved Going Seventeen, sometimes it was simply a pain in the ass to film.

Sitting around and waiting to get in a single word around BooSeokSoon was almost impossible, and if you managed to get in a word you would be interrupted by BooSeokSoon giving their own opinion on what you were halfway through saying.

At that moment, Minghao had been sitting just outside of the two tents that had been set out for the night, reading a book while most other members either took part in Red Light Green Light or played some badminton. Minghao wasn't in the mood for physical activities, so he sat outside the tent listening to the members shouting.

Wonwoo was sitting beside Minghao, also reading a book with his glasses perched on the end of his nose. They were so close together that Minghao's boot was resting against Wonwoo's sneaker.

"Minghao," Wonwoo called out, voice soft and quiet as he looked up at Minghao. "You're looking a bit pale. Should I grab your glucometer?"

Minghao looked up at Wonwoo before nodding slowly. "Yes, please. The bag with the Kermit keychain."

Wonwoo got up, setting his book to the side to grab Minghao's bag. When he returned with Minghao's bag, he sat closer to Minghao, searching in the bag for the right box.

"It's the light blue hard case. It zips up."

Wonwoo kept looking, eventually finding it at the bottom of the bag. He opened the case and shook his head.

"There's only this white box and the cylindrical thing."

Minghao let out a breath and shook his head. "No. I packed it all last night. It's definitely there."

Wonwoo sighed. "No, Hao. It's definitely not. I'm sorry but you must have left it at home."

Minghao fell against Wonwoo, the elder letting him lie in his lap, running a hand gently through his hair. Wonwoo grabbed Minghao under the arms and pulled him up so Minghao was sitting more comfortably between his legs, head resting against Wonwoo's chest.

"I need to check my blood sugar," Minghao whispered, voice beginning to slur slightly.

Wonwoo's eyes opened wide and concerned when he heard the slur in Minghao's voice. "How about you just take some of those sugary pills."

Minghao shook his head. "I don't know if this is a hypo, heat exhaustion or an Addisonian crisis. If it's not a hypo I could make it worse and give myself hyperglycaemia."

Wonwoo sighed. "Let me get Seungcheol."

"No!" Minghao said, louder and less slurred than before in his fear. "No. He'll scold me for forgetting my glucometer."

"Come on, Hao. Let me get him. If not then can I check if the staff have a spare glucometer?"

Minghao finally gave up and nodded, letting Wonwoo lay him down so the elder could go see the staff.

"Hey, do you guys have any blood sugar test kits? Minghao must have forgotten to bring it and he wants to check his levels in case he's having a hypo."

None of the staff nodded, and Wonwoo knew the chances of finding a glucometer were next to zero.

Wonwoo headed back over to Minghao, sitting beside him and taking his hand. "I'm so sorry, Hao. Nobody has a glucometer. Please let me ask Cheol-Hyung."

Minghao rolled his head around to look at Wonwoo. "Fine. Be quick. I feel faint."

Wonwoo ran off to Seungcheol, who was playing Red Light Green Light with the others. "Hyung. Minghao is almost definitely having a hypo but he won't take any of the dextrose tablets because he's worried he isn't having a hypo and he'll send himself into hyperglycaemia."