Hide and Seek

"Hello, everybody and welcome back to Mousebusters #2. Although we are in the same location, today we have a new set of sneaky mice to try and escape the Mousebusters." Seungkwan's loud voice announced.

Seungkwan gestured over to where Mingyu, Minghao and Seokmin were standing.

"Today's mice are our beloved 97 line. Lee Seokmin, Kim Mingyu and Seo Myungho will be sneaking around the other ten Mousebusters. The mice will have only five minutes to hide on this big storage land. When these five minutes are up, the ten Mousebusters will be set free. The aim of the game is for the Mousebusters to catch the mice by covering the white patch on their clothes with water from the spray gun. The Mousebusters have two hours to find all three mice. Are the Mousebusters ready?"

A chorus of 'yeses' echoes around the courtyard.

"Are the mice ready?"

Three nods from the mice.

"Alright. Ready, set, go!" Seungkwan yells into the microphone.

The ten Mousebusters watched as Seokmin, Mingyu and Minghao ran off down the path, splitting in three different directions as they reached a building.

Seokmin ran straight into the building, pulling the huge sliding metal door shut behind him. Mingyu split off to the right, while Minghao ran to the left, vaulting over a small pile of haystacks.

The Mousebusters laughed as they watched the three running off until they were out of sight.

Five minutes later, the Mousebusters immediately set off, spreading out in all directions to try and catch the mice.

During their five minutes of waiting, the Mousebusters had formed a plan. The 95 line was to aim to catch Mingyu, who would no doubt be fast but would have difficulty hiding in small places due to his size. The Maknae line had agreed to look for Seokmin, as the singer would be good at hiding and fast, but would probably give himself away in a stupid way. Finally, the 96 line had decided to search for Minghao, as the youngest 97 liner would be fast, small and stealthy. Having four people looking for Minghao would be easier than three.

Despite their plans, they had agreed to catch anyone they saw.

The first to be caught was Seokmin. He was captured by Wonwoo and Seungkwan in less than twenty minutes but managed to escape half an hour into the game.

Mingyu was the next to be caught by Seungcheol and Junhui just over an hour into the game, but he too managed to escape in a few minutes.

For an hour and a half of the game, Minghao was nowhere to be found.

The group kept searching, being as thorough as possible, but still, he remained uncovered.

———————

Minghao thought he had found the best hiding place possible. He was hidden on top of a large pile of bags of corn, under a large white plastic sheet. The messed up form of the plastic sheet made it look like it had just been dumped there, and the disorderly folds of the sheet hid the shape of his body.

A few members had been in the warehouse already, checking everything but the sheet, and they seemed to have given up on the warehouse about twenty minutes ago.

Lying in one place for over an hour and a half was getting uncomfortable and lonely, especially as Minghao had told his cameraman to leave to stop him from getting caught.

It was just Minghao and the camera under the heavy sheet.

Minghao finally decided to move when the heat started to get unbearable, planning to make a run for it to the warehouse opposite.