It's Like it Never Ends

After Manager Kim was sacked and Minghao had his restraining order against him, Minghao was sure he wasn't going to have any more near-death experiences.

Unfortunately, hypos were unpredictable, seizures even more so. There had never been any guarantee that Minghao's seizures would be easy and they weren't. There were times when Minghao got hurt against the floor, times when he really struggled to wake up or was postictal for hours upon hours.

Sometimes, seizures were much more dangerous, like when they continued on for more than five minutes and Minghao needed emergency medication to prevent the seizure from damaging his brain. After all, seizures were uncontrollable, unlike his hypos.

Seungcheol had warned Minghao that he would be left alone in the hospital again if he neglected his health again for too long, and since he'd actually followed through with his threats, Minghao had been letting his blood sugar slip a lot less often, but sometimes, concerts and events got in the way of his memory.

SEVENTEEN had been through a busy week, with a concert and a fan sign every day for six days since Monday.

Minghao had already been through a bad hypo on Wednesday, but Seungcheol had given him his injection before he could faint.

Minghao woke up on Saturday knowing it would be a bad day. The first thing he did was roll out of bed, hitting Junhui with a pillow to let him know it was time to wake up. He headed to the bathroom, downing his medications with a glass of water. Once he'd taken his pills, he headed to the kitchen and accepted the high-sugar food Mingyu gave him.

"Minghao, you're looking very pale this morning," Jeonghan said, eating up the noodles Mingyu had made.

Minghao sat down beside him, leaning his head against Jeonghan's shoulder, feeling more and more drained as each moment passed.

"'M just so tired from all these events. What have we got today?" Minghao whispered, voice slightly distant.

Seungcheol sat down next to them with a loud sigh. "Fan sign event this morning, concert at eight o'clock tonight until midnight. It's five in the morning."

Minghao closed his eyes. It had only been five hours since their last concert and he was getting so tired.

The next thing Minghao was even remotely aware of was lying on the floor, propped up on his side with Jeonghan holding him with a hand on his forehead and one on the back of his neck. He was right next to the table, his and Jeonghan's chairs having been moved out of the way. Minghao closed his eyes again, the lights surrounding him much too bright.

"Hao? You with us?" Seungcheol's voice. Distant.

Minghao groaned, making a weak attempt to roll over onto his front.

A gentle hand was placed on his shoulder, hard enough to hold him in place. "Hao, stay on the floor." Junhui. Much closer than Seungcheol.

Minghao tried to get to his feet using only his arms, confused when any words that tried to escape his mouth became garbled.

"Myungho, stay on the floor. You just had a seizure." Jeonghan's voice, stern. Right by his head.

Junhui took Minghao's wrists, holding them still.

Minghao lost consciousness.

When Minghao came around, only a minute later, he was still in the same position as before.

He slowly flexed his fingers, a weak whine escaping his throat.

"Look, he's back again," Jeonghan whispered to Junhui, voice soft as one hand shifted to brush through his hair.