Flying High

Of course, Minghao hated Addison's disease. It wasn't just painful, but also just a hassle. He hated having to carry around several types of emergency medication just in case he didn't drink enough and his body responded with an Addisonian crisis. He hated having to eat a lot more just so he didn't have a seizure or faint.

One of the biggest issues was having to get a doctor's note every time he wanted to fly, which was a lot being a Kpop idol. The note was simply to say that he was allowed to bring his emergency medication onto the plane.

Eventually, Minghao made a bad decision and decided to 'forget' to get his doctor's note. At security, both his glucagon shots and his hydrocortisone injection kits were taken.

They were trying to get back to South Korea from America when it happened. Seungcheol was furious, telling security that there was nothing dangerous Minghao could do with the injections and that he should be allowed them.

Mingyu held Minghao close, knowing that his diet, although a lot less strict than everyone else's, still only gave him the bare minimum amount of sugar he needed and a hypo was not out of the question.

"What if he has a hypo on the plane? A severe one. What do we do then?" Seungcheol argued as Jeonghan pulled him back.

"If he has a hypo on the plane, we can give him some snacks. We still have his blood sugar level kit." Jeonghan reassured the leader, holding his arm.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "What if it's serious? What if he has a seizure or faints?"

"Then we have his dextrose gel and tablets. He'll be okay, Hyung. Just relax." Jeonghan whispered the last bit, Seungcheol finally calming down and letting Jeonghan pull him back.

Seungcheol turned to face Minghao. "Why didn't you get your doctor's note? This is on you, you know."

Minghao nodded. "I'm sorry, Hyung. I just forgot."

Seungcheol rolled his eyes and continued through security where the other members had gathered.

Minghao quickly wiped his eyes when Seungcheol wasn't looking. He hadn't expected his leader to get so worked up about it. It had also scared Minghao, reminding him how little he'd eaten that day.

He was simply waiting for a hypo.

—————————

The members all got onto the plane without an issue.

Minghao was between Junhui and Mingyu. Junhui by the window and Mingyu at the aisle seat. On the other side of the aisle sat the 95 liners, situated near Minghao in case of a hypo.

The first few hours of the flight were fine. Minghao watched a movie on Junhui's phone and chatted with Mingyu a little. Their manager, as usual, refused to let the members buy any snacks or drinks. They were left with water to drink and nothing to eat.

They were four hours into the flight when things took a turn for the worse.

Junhui was still awake, watching his third movie of the flight while Minghao had fallen asleep leaning into him. Junhui was playing with Minghao's hair when he felt just how sweaty Minghao was. A light sheen of sweat covered his face and neck. Junhui pushed the blanket off Minghao's body and saw how shaky his hands were. A quick check of Minghao's racing pulse confirmed Junhui's suspicions.

Minghao was having a hypo in his sleep.

Junhui tapped Mingyu's shoulder, effectively catching his attention.

"Can you get Cheol-Hyung for me? Minghao's having a hypo."

Mingyu nodded and woke up Seungcheol, relaying the bad news to the leader.