•~chapter forty-six: the kind girl who is also a demon~•

Fukuda Azumi.

A kind girl who greets everyone with a smile.

She's not yet Kanao's friend, but the likeable side of her personality has gotten her many other friends.

However...

There's times when she isn't so likeable.

For when she's angry... she turns into a demon.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Azumi always loves feeding the birds on her way to school.

But as she opened her bag to find out that she had forgotten her bird seed at home, she allowed a fake smile to cross her face to try and stave off her angry aura.

In doing so, she frightened to birds away, making her even more angry—this time with herself.

Behind her, Kanao and Tanjiro were walking to school together, and they sensed her terrifying aura.

Who's that... she looks quite scary at the moment... Kanao wrote to Tanjiro, trembling behind her notebook.

"I do believe that's Fukuda Azumi." Tanjiro murmured. "Weird. She isn't always that angry in the mornings... at least when I see her..."

Oh, but boy was he wrong...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Current anger status: 75/100.

At lunchtime, Azumi was sitting out in the courtyard, opening her bag to get her lunch.

But all she was met with was her schoolbooks, therefore signaling that she had forgotten her lunch at home.

80/100.

As she let a long sigh out of her nose, she suddenly dropped her bag, spilling out its contents all over the concrete.

85/100.

Azumi gritted her teeth and snatched her things off the floor in a hurry. She paused (angrily, might I add) when she saw that her earbuds were all tangled up.

For a few moments she tried to tug the tangled cords apart. But all she did was make thing worse, and all that sat in her hands after a while was a disgusting, tangled mess.

87/100.

She shoved them into her uniform pocket, and stormed inside the school, where she was suddenly met by her fiance, Takagi Monterio.

"Hey there." he said, pulling her into a gentle hug despite his athletic build. "You look a little angry today, hmm? What happened? Demon meter going up again?"

Azumi clenched her jaw and turned away from him, not responding. Monterio obviously sensed he was in immediate danger, and he slowly backed away from his significant other.

"Well... um, this is awkward." Monterio said softly, scratching his head. "I meant to give you this juice box. Seems like you forgot your lunch, huh?"

"Yes..." Azumi muttered as she took the box of orange juice from him. "Thanks, I guess."

The bell suddenly rang above their heads, and reluctantly, the two parted ways.