•~chapter twenty-two: what should we do for the culture festival?~•

After the long thunderstorm had passed, everyone was back at school. However, if someone didn't know better, they'd most likely think that there was still a thunderstorm going on as they walked down the halls of the second year classrooms...

...because there had suddenly been a loud uproar in class 2-B that echoed through the hallways even with all the doors closed. No one in this class could agree on what to do for the culture festival. The room was full of tension, chaos, and the sounds of angry yelling. Zenitsu winced and he had his hands clapped over his ears, but he was yelling out his ideas too.

Aoi and Tanjiro were standing at the front of the class as the class representatives. They both held pieces of chalk in their hands, and they both were sweatdropping and frowning as they watched their classmates fight.

Finally, after two minutes of listening to the loud and intense arguments, Aoi finally got fed up with all the noise. She slammed her hand into her pocket and she pulled out a whistle, as though she expected something like this to happen. When she blew the whistle, surprisingly, everyone ceased their arguing. They all shut up and scampered back to their seats and they quietly looked at Aoi for directions.

"That's better," Aoi huffed. She glared at everyone coldly before continuing to speak.

"So, as I was saying, can you please stand up one at a time and present your ideas? Hurry up, because we've got to get this done." she finished in a commanding voice.

Zenitsu raised his hand and he stood up at once. "One of my ideas is a maid cafe. And yes, I know it's a really common idea and it's a really old fashioned one too, but don't you guys want to see our class goddess in a super adorable maid dress?"

His announcement was met with gasps of realization and a few cheers. Everyone in the class had looks on their faces that seemed to say, Yes, we do!

Tanjiro sweatdropped as Kanao flinched at this thought.

"If you guys don't want a maid cafe, I also wanted to suggest a haunted house!" Zenitsu continued. "Sure, it may take time and money, but the preparation will bring us all closer together!"

And, as a sly afterthought, Zenitsu added, "And, in a dark room, we can admire and stare at cute girls like Kanao~san and they'll never know!" His classmates gasped in realization, while Tanjiro was shocked. Zenitsu, that is definitely NOT okay! he thought worriedly.

As Zenitsu sat down, Inosuke stood up. "I think we should do a band," he said. "Sure, some of my disciples can't sing or they might not want to be in the spotlight, but some people can do the rest of the work behind the big red curtain. And besides, don't you all wanna hear the voice of your fellow disciple, Kanao?"

His classmates nodded vigorously, as they hadn't thought of that idea before, either. Tanjiro, meanwhile, was very confused at how Inosuke had gotten Kanao's name right.

One of the shy girls from the back suddenly stood up. "I-I think that we should do a giant whack-a-mole game! It would be an honor to be hit in the face by Kanao~san!"

Tanjiro sweatdropped at the mention of this. He heard someone come up with the idea of an indie film...but that seemed way too complicated, and the person who suggested this had a mixed up and confusing plot idea, anyways.

Chimatsu stood up next (a/n: if you don't remember who she is, see chapter 9)."I think we should do an onigiri stand. There will definitely be people who want snacks as they pass through the festivities, and I'm also pretty good at making onigiri!"

Chimatsu heard some muttering behind her, and she turned around confusedly as she heard whispers and murmurs of "An onigiri made by Kanao~san's very hands..."

Someone else also suggested a fortune-telling stand...because they wanted to see how romantically compatible they were with Kanao. There was also a suggestion for a cosplay video...where someone would probably force Kanao into wearing a 'super cute' cosplay.

The country girl, Mio Yoshida, suggested a disco party, but Tanjiro thought that was just going way too far back in time.

History's repeating itself as I walk through this classroom... Tanjiro thought as he sweatdropped. He was fighting his way through the throngs of his once again arguing classmates as he tried to go to the back of the classroom, where Kanao was sitting.

Kanao was trembling madly as Tanjiro made his way to where she sat. "Which option did you want to vote for, Kanao~san?"

She scribbled down something in her notebook. 'Um...I kind of wanted to do the maid cafe...' She wanted to do this because she had the wrong idea about the kind of maid dresses that they were going to wear.

Tanjiro sweatdropped at this, since he didn't realize that Kanao would want choose the maid cafe, of all things. "Oh...so you really want to do the maid cafe, huh?"

And, as if on cue, the class suddenly became silent. They all ran as quickly as they could to the blackboard and they all changed their votes to the maid cafe.

Aoi looked at everyone in confusion. "Ano...I guess that means we're doing the maid cafe then, aren't we?"

Her statement was met with cheers. I guess that meant the whole class was united again.

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the wait in my posting chapters...I've been pretty busy, again. Sorry that the chapter is a bit shorter than usual...I usually try to write over a 1000 words, but without the author's note, the chapter is 891.

I might make a Genshin Impact character x reader short story collection...especially for me and my fellow Genshin simps-

Don't worry though, this story is my first priority and it will be updated more than the short stories.

That's all for me to say...don't forget to comment, vote, and maybe follow me! Bye bye!

Word Count: 1008 Words ❤️