•~chapter fourty-one: the yo-yo and the night after~•

When the girls made it to the movie village, they were mesmerized. They couldn't help but wander around, and stare at the sights that were to be seen.

However, it didn't take long for Chō and Himari to notice that Kanao had not been following them. After looking around frantically, they found Kanao, who was standing like a statue and staring at a lavishly decorated window display.

"Oh, we've finally found you, Kanao~chan!" Himari said in relief. She stopped talking as Cho tugged her sleeve repeatedly. "Yes, Cho?"

Cho remained silent and just pointed at the window. Following her friend's gaze, Himari looked at the window and she felt her jaw drop.

Kanao had been gazing at a beautiful maiko costume. And before she could think, Himari began squealing.

"Ahhh! That would look so cute on you, Kanao-chan!" Himari said gleefully. "Try it on, quick, quick!"

Kanao felt herself being shoved into a changing room, and within minutes, she was wearing the kimono, with her hair tied up in an elegant updo as a finishing touch.

Himari turned around because a fancy stand caught her eye. While she was distracted, a man in an odd getup started shouting at Kanao.

"You there!" the man cried out, with a maniacal glint in his eye. "I see you tried to disguise yourself as a mere maiko, but you cannot fool me, for I know you are a princess!"

Kanao jolted as the man and his crew surrounded her. How was she supposed to get out of this sticky situation?

When Himari turned back towards Kanao's direction, she was met with the alarming sight.

Oh no! What should I do? Himari thought in panic. She looks like she's about to get kidnapped, and everyone is just taking pictures!

Himari shifted to one side, and something suddenly moved in her pocket. She tightened her grip on her jacket, sweating profusely.

I could use this, but it'll be so embarrassing! Himari thought frantically. Ohh, but Kanao-chan looks like she really needs help!

Himari's sparkling blue eyes suddenly fell on a display of peculiar masks on a table nearby...

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Hey! Stop right there!"

The masked men turned around in sudden shock, thinking that the Shogun had already caught up. But that was impossible - it was way too early!

The men slowly turned and their jaws drop. Before then was a "mysterious person" in a mask... and they were holding a yo-yo?

The men watched in horror (and amusement) as the person with the yo-yo conducted loop-the-loops, spear hops, twisters, and towers.

Finally, the men got the message that this girl was being serious, and they retreated as fast as they could.

Himari sighed in relief. She was able to defend Kanao, her identity hadn't been discovered, and she was able to use her yo-yo after a while. How could this day get any bett—

"Er... Himari-cha—"

"?!"

"FAREWELL!"

And with that, at top speed, Himari ran away as quick as she could, leaving a confused Chō and Kanao in the dust.

After a few seconds, Himari came back, wiping sweat off her brow.