•~chapter fifteen: an emergency...study session?~•

Kanao was laying down in her bed, lazing around and doing absolutely nothing at all. It was the last day of summer break.

Suddenly, her phone began to ring. Kanao picked it up with trembling hands, and she answered the call.

"H-hello?" she asked uncertainly, only to receive a loud reply in the form of a yell. Kanao held her phone away from her ear, and listened.

"Manao! This is your Lord Inosuke! Pontaro is in trouble!" Inosuke said. "Bring your summer homework, and come to his bakery!" he added.

There was a click in Kanao's ear before she could try to say anything else.

Kanao was shocked at how urgent Inosuke had sounded.

Tanjiro? In trouble? Guess I'd better go! Kanao thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanao walked into the Kamado bakery. She had been here so much, that staying here was already second nature.

"Ah, there's Kenao!" Inosuke said, more eagerly than usual. Kanao raised an eyebrow at Inosuke's oddly cheerful behavior.

Kanao sat down at a table with Nezuko, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Tanjiro. All of them had their summer homeworks, too.

"I have gathered my disciples here today...for a VERY important mission!" Inosuke yelled, as he slammed his paper down on the table.

Kanao jolted. She took out her notebook and jotted something down.

'Over the phone, didn't you say Tanjiro was in trouble?' she wrote.

"I was lying about that!" Inosuke said, causing Kanao to be jolted out of her old belief. He continued to talk, and he said, "The fact is..."

"I haven't done any of my summer homework!" Inosuke said, as a shadow passed over his face. He was now beginning to shake. It was the first time that Inosuke had ever looked so scared.

Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Zenitsu all sighed simultaneously.

"Really Inosuke...you forgot again?" Zenitsu asked in disbelief.

"You should really be more responsible, Inosuke." Tanjiro said in disappointment.

"How come you're so prickly about it? After all, you didn't do it, and that's your problem." Nezuko grumbled. (She was annoyed about her time being wasted for studying).

Kanao's eyes widened, as she heard how Inosuke hadn't done any homework. It was very surprising to her, although she had no idea why.

She was jolted back to reality as Inosuke yelled again.

"Are all my disciples finished with their homework?" Inosuke said.

"Yes." Zenitsu and Nezuko said simultaneously.

"So, you all have to show me your homeworks!" Inosuke demanded. "I need to copy you guys so I can finish quick and play video games!"

Kanao nodded, but Tanjiro cut into the conversation and said, "I have do have a little bit more work, so I'll help you. And Inosuke, copying is wrong, so we shouldn't do that."

"Don't give Inosuke your notes, Kanao~san." Tanjiro said, causing Kanao to nod but causing Inosuke to be extremely annoyed.

While Inosuke grumbled about the 'no copying' rule, Tanjiro turned toward Kanao, Zenitsu, and Nezuko, and he said, "We have to finish our work, but you guys will be bored."

Kanao scribbled something down in her notebook. 'I'll review my homework, too.'

What a good student! Tanjiro thought, as he opened up his notes.