•~chapter seven: cell phones~•

Kanao was sitting at her desk, fidgeting a lot more than she usually did. She was looking down at her book bag in her lap with wide eyes.

Tanjiro came over to his desk, and sat down next to her. He immediately noticed Kanao's restlessness.

"Is there something wrong, Kanao~san?" Tanjiro asked uncertainly. Kanao's head jolted up as she was snapped out of her trance.

She opened her book bag and dug through its contents, and she finally pulled out a cell phone.

She typed in her passcode with shaking fingers and opened an app.

She turned the screen towards Tanjiro, and he noticed that Kanao had opened her contacts list.

"Your contacts...oh, are you trying to say that you want to get your friends' numbers?" Tanjiro asked. Kanao nodded.

She took out her notebook and scribbled, 'My sisters gave me this cell phone for my last birthday...but I've never needed to use it to put in my friends' phone numbers until now.'

That's kind of sad, Kanao... Tanjiro thought, sweatdropping.

Tanjiro looked around the room, and he saw Inosuke playing with his own phone.

"You could start with getting Inosuke's number...he doesn't know much about using his phone, but at least he knows how to type in phone numbers." Tanjiro said.

Kanao did this, immediately giving a 'hmph' of courage, and getting up from her seat to walk to the desk of the feminine looking boy.

Inosuke looked up when he saw Kanao approaching him.

"Hanao!" Inosuke said. "What is my disciple doing on this fine day-eh?"

For Kanao just held out her cell phone to him with trembling hands.

Inosuke was shocked and immediately looked at Tanjiro

"Kentaro! What does Kanoe want and why is she pointing a cellphone at me?!" he hissed, freaking out.

"I can't help you Inosuke...try to figure that out!" Tanjiro muttered.

You know I'm not smart enough for that! Inosuke thought. But then he calmed down.

He watched as Kanao pointed at her cell phone. Then, he watched as she pointed at the numbers of the date on the board.

"Phone...date...numbers?" Inosuke said, putting the simple pieces together in his head. "Does my humble disciple want her master's phone number?"

 "Does my humble disciple want her master's phone number?"