Chapter 9. Durandal, what steroids are you using?

POV K-001.

I've been working for Otto for six months now, it's 2012... Yes... Otto is a total asshole, he's so confident he couldn't even recognize me... 

Although he may have had his suspicions, but my fake background is perfect, I calculated every little detail, right down to the fake birthplace paperwork and fake school certificates...

You ask me why I don't want to help Kiana and the others.

And why do I want the plot to go the way it originally went?

It's simple... In this world, Honkai is not just a mechanism for controlling civilization, but also a mechanism for controlling events, that is, it is an abstract concept of fate, and so I decided not to change the course of events much, simply put, you can change a person's fate, but it must not affect the decisive events of this world...

 In this world, Honkai is not just a mechanism for controlling civilization, but also a mechanism for controlling events, that is, it is an abstract concept of fate, and so I decided not to change the course of events much, simply put, you can cha...

That is, when Otto created the new branch of the Imaginary Tree, he literally created a new fate for Kallen, and all subsequent events will be overwritten... 

But what I'm about to change will most likely also begin to change the fate of the world, and it will affect me, Honkai decides to get rid of me...

I'm already dead... Why? 

Well, I've noticed that the shard of the void core in my chest has grown and it's getting harder and harder for me to bring down the corrosion... Each time the serum is less and less effective.

And there's a problem here! It's not supposed to work like that... Seriously! The serum is supposed to destroy all traces of energy within minutes, but I agonize for an hour, and that time increases with each use!

And my body can't handle the corrosion anymore... I have to either look for Stigmata or somehow get them naturally... And you know the percentages of getting them. They're minimal.
What's my point? It's simple, I've calculated how much time I have left... Five years. Yeah! It's a small number and you can live with it... 

Bitch! No! It's not enough! But that's assuming I can't physically do anything in the last two years... I'll be tied to the bed! Shit! Even if I can optimize the serum, I'll have one more year at most!

You ask me: You're a scientist, aren't you? Find a reason and you'll find a regent for your problem! No shit! 

The logic of Honkai energy behavior seems to completely break down on me!

I'm probably already marked as an anomaly by the Will... And is trying to kill me as soon as possible... Yes... I told you this world hates me! Okay, enough of the bad stuff...

During these six months I've had various Valkyries come to me to calibrate my suit or weapon... And I met Kiana! 

No, not with K-423, but with the real Kiana, or Bianca Atayegina, as well as her faithful assistant Rita Rossweisse...