Chapter 3. Is Life Getting Better?

POV K-001.

In two days, I've gone through Schicksal's tablet and laptop, intimidated all the tracking modules... Yes! I finally have anonymous access to the net...

The best part! There's another name for the internet here... Homunet. People in this world have a thing for Homunet?

I have radiated the structure of Homunet, and it is the same as the Internet in my old world, namely the OSI base model. It follows that I would have no problem gaining access to the Schicksal or Anti-Entropy databases. 

Next... The programming languages here are pretty much the same. Only C++ is Homu++, but they are no different!

If I hadn't seen Otto, well, or if I wasn't a clone, I would have thought I was in a parallel version of our world!

Anyway, For the next two days, I hacked into the Schicksal servers. And all I can say is that their defenses are crap, utter horror. 

They use outdated technology within this world!

Getting access to top-level privileges was harder, but eventually I was able to break into Otto's skeleton closet... Oh, my God! How much crap is in here?! 

Otto, tell me, why do you keep the results of the Babylon Labs projects? Are you an idiot or are you crazy? 

Okay, let's skip that and get to the priority. Searching Schicksal 3 labs, researching serum information...

There, found it, the lab's servers are weaker in terms of security, and much easier to access!
Hmm, the report says the serum has been tested, and is ready for use... God! Thank you! I'll live!

Now, we have to figure out how to get the serum... Hmm... What if we make a redirection of the shipment not to Schicksal's headquarters, but to anywhere else in Germany, under the guise of Bishop's orders?

That's an option, but I'd have to go to another country after that... Okay, not a great loss.

Done... The serum will be dropped in a couple of days not far from here.

Hmm, Otto will still notice that a batch of valuable resources is missing due to a fake order, which means they'll be doing a security upgrade... Okay, then I'll download everything I need and leave them a message. There's no point in hiding the signs of a break-in.

Done! Hmm... What should I write them... How about a little more intrigue?

A few days later.

Schicksal's headquarters apartment.

In the study behind the huge desk sat a man, or a certain five-hundred-year-old grandfather, Otto Apocalypse... he was going through the papers and reports of the past few days. Next to him stood Amber.

"Hmm, strange... What kind of order is that? Did I give one?"

- Amber, pass me the reports from the servers.

- Yes, Lord Otto.

Amber left the office and Otto was alone. He started the security control panel and decided to check the latest logs.

 He started the security control panel and decided to check the latest logs