Chapter 28. Between heaven and earth I am the only one revered!

On Hyperion.

Third POV.

After Herrscher was attacked by Selene, she escaped. 

Tesla: 

- Herrscher escaped into imaginary space! We did a lot of damage, but she managed to escape.

-...

Einstein listened to what Tesla said:

- Perhaps we shouldn't have used force in firing our weapons... We're running out of options. Evacuate all personnel to the ship. Begin withdrawal now...

Hyperion. Aisles on the lower deck.

Himeko leaned against the railing outside the medical bay. Men carrying wounded men whizzed past her. She tried to heal her wounds... But she couldn't stop the bleeding.

- ... I think I did a little work on myself this time.

No one could hear her. The serum in her hand glistened pale and reflected her scarred face.

- ...

[Alert!]

Suddenly the shrill alarm began to sound, adding even more chaos to the riotous hallway... But for Himeko, the world was as peaceful as can be.

- Okay, I think it's time for a break.

She straightened up and walked in the opposite direction from the rest of the team.
At that moment, time seemed to stop.

- You girls will never grow up. But... I really like it here. You probably still have a long way to go, right?

- ...

- Have a safe journey, girls...

Soldiers, medics, wounded personnel wrapped in bandages, and damage control specialists...

The Hyperion crew, people from the Far East Division and members of the Anti-Entropy...

Those whom Himeko had seen, and those whom Himeko had never seen before... Those who knew her, and those who didn't...

All of them passed her by without saying a word.

- I'd kill for another can of beer.

A pass of time.

Himeko, with a huge sword that blazed with fire, was heading toward the Herrscher of the Void...

- Kiana, be brave. Carry on. You can still end this story any way you want! 

- Live, Kiana...

- This... is my last lesson... for you...

But just before the hand with the vial reached Kiana's neck, it disappeared from Himeko's hand and it fell on Sirin...

Suddenly footsteps were heard in the imaginary space. They were headed straight toward Herrscher and Himeko's halter. 

Sirin looked in that direction. A figure in a gray cloak was heading toward her... But this time the hood was off.

It was a girl of short stature, her hair was white with purple streaks, and her eyes were closed... Thin purple lines could be seen on her face. In her hand she held the same vial of serum that Himeko had had before.