•••Forty•••

[love this cover]

•••Focus on the step in front of you,
Not the whole staircase •••

Warm rays of sunshine peeked through the blinds spreading golden light as it dappled on the wrinkled white sheets causing Seokmin to squint his eyes once again.

Seokmin had his arms wrapped around josh was trying to pull away when joshua tugged in closer "can't we just be like this?"
Joshua said with his head on the younger's chest .

Right. It was time.

Joshua had to leave. he wanted to be with dokyeom even if it was 1 sec longer.

"Can you not go" Seokmin tightened his hold of joshua's waist, he had promised himself to not whine, but it wasn't working.

Joshua let out silent tears, when he heard Seokmin's plea.

Soon realising they were still naked underneath, Seokmin led Joshua for a warm shower, Last night both too spent making sweet love, sharing 'i love you' s and promises reassuring each other as a way of comforting themselves hoping tomorrow would come a little bit more late.

[Airport]

"Chan, you better listen to the hyung's" jeonghan said for the nth time, holding the urge to say 'nugu aegi' in public.

"Yeah yeah i will" he said nonchalantly trying to push back a sob.

"Is Seokmin really not coming?" Soonyoung asked, he left their house asking the younger multiple times to tag along but he refused saying it'll be hard to say bye without not clinging.

"It's better this way" Joshua managed to give a sad smile, honestly there was nothing more he wanted then to hug Seokmin right now.

After exchanging hugs and sobs, the announcement was heard and its their cue to leave now.

"Enough now, it's not like we are never coming back" Seungcheol said in contrast to his puffy eyes and lips puckered in pout.

Everyone nodded and the three eldest began to walk towards the security check area.

Joshua turned back for the last time glancing in the direction of the entrance barely visible due to the crowd of people with luggages, before finally sighing and catching up with the other couple.

"hyung" not even two secondes, he spinned back to the voice and dropped the suitcase in his hold and opened his arms for his boyfriend to jump into.

Seokmin rushed into the embrace and sobbed, "i really didn't want to make it harder than it already is but i needed to give you this"seokmin said into the older's neck and pulled back, handing over a small envelope.

Joshua gently caressed Seokmin's damp cheek, "am glad you did, guess i manifested seeing you" his voice broke as he chuckled.

"can you please just fit me in that purple suitcase of yours, i promise i will be discreet" Seokmin's voice sounded so fragile, tremulous,when Joshua cupped his cheeks, pressing them together lightly and kissing the pouting lips of the taller. It would have been cute had the context been different.

"a year will fly by sweetie, trust me i will be back before you know it then we will have our pizza date. okay?" his tone similar to those of the kindergarten teachers.

Relief sprinkled over Joshua when he saw Seokmin subtly smile.

"you are going to call, text, send photos of anything and everthing everyday alright?" Seokmin seriously said, fixing the collars of Joshua's trenchcoat.