Chapter 1

Wednesday's POV:

Despite the cold air, I was warm. Sinclair's embrace was oddly comforting. I hate physical touch, but... I couldn't pull away. Something in me kept me from ending this hug. Warmth, softness, it almost made me forget everything that happened tonight.

"Oh my god, Wednesday" Sinclair said pulling away.

I looked down and I was covered in blood. 

"I'm fine, Crackstone stabbed me and I-"

"Stabbed!?" Cutting me off and lifting my shirt.

"I'm fine now, Goody came and-" I pause. "It's a long story I'll tell you later, I'm more worried about you. You're bleeding." 

She winces when I touch her face to analyze the wounds on her face.  They're deep but she doesn't need stitches. 

After a few seconds I look back into her glossy eyes. Her eyes were filled with tears but they were no longer falling. She looks at me and gives me a little smile. Who knew such a small gesture could say so much. So much to say but no way to say it. I give her a slight smile and that's all it takes for her to hug me again. 

This hug was shorter and wasn't as warm as the last. I half-hugged her back then pulled away. I think I've had enough physical touch for the next year. 

The counselors direct us back to the dorms. We were let out for the rest of the semester and we leave tomorrow. They want us to get some sleep before we go home. But I think we all know that no one is going to get a good night's sleep, not after a day like this. 

I was fixing my bed when Sinclair walks out of the bathroom. She had changed into her sleepwear but blood still covered her face. Her eyes looked heavy but still awake. There was something on her mind but I couldn't quite tell what she was feeling. One thing I knew was she didn't seem to want to talk about it. 

"You need to clean those cuts." 

She looked at me then the ground. "I don't know how."

I looked at her for a few seconds then went over to my desk. 

"Come here I'll do it for you."

She sat down on my chair and faced me. She flinched every time I touch her wounds, which made the process much more difficult.

"Stay still."

"I'm sorry."

After cleaning and bandaging her cuts she stood up. When I looked back at her our faces were inches apart. I looked at her soft lips and back at her eyes. Her eyes were ocean blue and it was like they shined down at me. My face suddenly feels warm. All the blood rushed to my face and I could feel it turning a bright crimson color.  

"We better go to bed." She says stepping away. 

"Yeah." I reply looking back down at my feet.

Enid's POV:

I lie in my bed tossing and turning with my eyes wide open. Every time I close my eyes I see Tyler. I see him holding Wednesday against a fallen tree. I could see the look of pain in her eyes as she struggled to breathe. But instead of attacking him and saving Wednesday. I couldn't move. Standing there helplessly. I eventually am able to drift off into a light sleep, but I soon woke up again. When I open my eyes Wednesday isn't in her bed. I sit up and look around and spot her outside. I get up and climb through the window.

Wednesday must be in deep thought because she doesn't hear me come outside. 

"What are you doing?" 

She jumps at my voice. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I say apologetically.

"You're okay, I guess I'm just a little jumpy" she looks down "I'm just thinking." answering my question.

She rests my elbows back on the railing, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Couldn't sleep?" She asked quietly. 

I shake my head. She looks up at the gleaming stars then starts walking toward the open window. 

"Wait here."

I watch her walk away. A bit confused on what she might be doing. 

She soon comes out with a blanket and lays it down. 

"Sit."

We both sit down on the blanket. I guess she notices me shivering a bit cause she wraps her sweater around my shoulders. I give her a small smile and lie on my back. She lays next to me, but still staying about two feet away. 

She's looking at the sky but I can't help but stare at her. I study her facial features. Her sparkling eyes, her defined cheek bones, her soft, pink lips. I guess I never really realized how stunning she was until this moment. 

I scooch closer to her and curl up next to her arm. She flinches slightly and looks at me but says nothing. I finally doze off. When I open my eyes there is a blanket over me and the sun was shining on my face. 

I sit up and look around for Wednesday. She was inside packing her things. I go back inside and set the blankets down on my bed. 

"You better start packing, I'm sure your parents will be here soon." She says focused on packing.

"Oh about that..." I didn't know how to tell her this but my parents told me I couldn't come home, ever. "I'm staying here over summer, my parents kind of... kicked me out." I say looking down at my feet. 

She stops packing and stops for a second. She looks at me with her dark brown eyes. I couldn't tell what she was thinking. There was no emotion in her face. She looks at the ground, then back up at me.

"You could stay with us at the Addams house. My mother and father already have a liking for you after meeting you on parents day, and I'm sure they would love to have you come stay with us."

My head pops up. "Really! Omg thank you so much!" I say running up to her for a hug but she backs away. 

"Right, sorry."

I squeal and run to pack my things.