51

♡♢♤♧
CHAPTER 51
Spook 51 - Empty Promises

She had heard it all, fake sleeping got her nowhere, she wasn't shocked, surprised, or even worried. She was confused, especially after hearing Hanako say Again.

Good evening!
It's me, (Y/n) (L/n)!
I was indeed awake during the little conflict that took place moments ago!
I actually woke up when I heard Kou's shouting, I figured that I would pretend to be sleeping to find out more..
But now I kinda regret my decision.

"Save (Y/n), from dying..?"

'What.' The sleeping girl thought. 'And what did Ama- Hanako, mean by again?' She thought.

"I just have to keep her confined until this world is completed.." Hanako said.

'Confine me..? What. Where!?' Her thoughts raced.

"Well then.. I'll be taking (Y/n) with me."

'You could at least give a hint where.' (Y/n) mentally sighed.

♡♢♤♧

Hanako set her down on a bed in a cell-like cage. He looked at her for a moment before running a hand through her (H/C) hair, he sighed. "I know it seems bad, but it's for the best.." He whispered to himself.

(Y/n) opened her eyes the moment he turned away and exited the cage. "Amane.." She muttered loudly as she sat up.

Hanako turned around. "(Y/n)-chan, you're awake." He smiled.

"Amane-kun.." She frowned. "I knew you were Hanako-kun all along." She shot up and ran towards the bars of the cell and gripped them. "What are you doing..? Why would you do this to us.?" She held eye contact with him. "Pretending to be alive.. Locking me up in here.. Lying.. Why?"

"That's.. Because I think it's better in this world." He smiled at her. "I wanted to see what it would be like to be Yashiro's classmate, your friend! It's more fun than I expected!"

"What did you mean by 'again'? You said it." She asked with a glare. "You said that I would die again. I'm not stupid Hanako, what happened to me before? Tell me, how many times have I died?"

"What are you.."

"I heard you say it, you said it to Kou-kun. I'm going to die, again. This isn't a lie, Amane."

"So then.. I guess you heard (Y/n)."

(Y/n) gripped the bars. "So then.. Am I alive? Or am I dead.?" Her face paled. "Tell me."

"(Y/n).." Hanako muttered as he hugged her through the bars. "You're not alive, nor dead. You could say that you're both." His breath hit her neck. "But it's okay. I'm going to save you, (Y/n). Don't worry, it'll be alright if you just stay here forever." He parted from the embrace.

(Y/n) looked at Hanako. "Amane.. What do you mean..?"

"I have to go now, I'll come get you when this world is complete!" He waved to her.

"Wait! Amane!!" She reached through the bars in a pathetic attempt to grab him. "Please.. Wait.." She slid down to the ground in defeat and sorrow.

♡♢♤♧

"Honorable no.7" Shijima spoke, Hanako was on the top of the school roof.

"Oh, no.4."

"From now on, please don't use the gallery anyway you like." Shijima said. "Although, I do thank you for your cooperation in creating this world. Honorable no.7, do you also perhaps intend to stay here?"

"Of course not. I'll leave when this world is complete. Your ability is useful for keeping them safe and alive. I'm just using it. More importantly, can't you finish it sooner? Making this daydream world, I mean."

"Yes~sir! Your order has been received." She waved a flag.

♡♢♤♧

(Y/n) was crying in the cell, she felt pathetic, weak, as if she was a caged animal. She hated it. 'I want to go home. I want to remember everything that happened to me before.! I don't want to be oblivious to the fact I'm not who I really am. Who am I? What am I? Why am I here?' grim thoughts took over her mind. She looked at the various art supplies in the caged room and spotted scissors. She grabbed the scissors and grabbed a lock of her long (H/C) hair. 'I wonder..' She then cut the lock of her hair that framed her face and smiled. She then did it to the other side.

"Good evening!" A voice interrupted her. "How do you do?" Shijima walked over and looked down to see the girl with a tear stained face with scissors and locks of hair on the floor. "Oh my, are you alright?"

The girl sniffled and put the scissors down. She continued to whimper and cry.

Shijima crouched down on the other side of the bars . "I came to check on you, but what's wrong? Was honorable no.7 bullying you?"

"I-I'm.. He said I'm going to die again. I want to know what he means by again." She quietly said.

"Aah~! It appears so. But there's no need to be so pessimistic. Considering you had a second chance in life. Humans who are close to death have a lot of special qualities, they can see ghosts, make contracts with the seven mysteries. That's worth considering." Shijima was doodling a chocolate bar for the girl. The chocolate bar from the paper jumped to life. "Do you like sweets?" She asked. "They might cheer you up a bit."

(Y/n) looked at the chocolate before grabbing some. "Amane said that if I leave this world, I'll die, again. So he locked me up here."

"I see. The fact that this imaginary world has come to this point, is all thanks to you and Yashiro, in fact."

"How so?"

"Don't you understand? This convenient world is the thing honorable no.7 hates most of all. Normally he'd have wanted to destroy it right away. But he started to realize that here, you can live. So he couldn't bear to destroy it. He said he would wait until it was finished and then he alone would return to the real world." Shijima told her.

"Huh?"

"Honorable no.7's hope was that you might live here in a happy dream forever. Never having to learn of your repeated death." Shijima smiled at her. "He seems to really care about you."

"Is that so? For some reason thinking about this has made me upset.." (Y/n) said. "Shijima-san, could you give me your hands?"

"Huh? You mean me?"

"Yes, I just want someone other than Amane-kun to comfort me."

"Oh..kay.." She held her hands through the bars. "Well I suppose it doesn't really matter.."

(Y/n) grabbed her wrists.

"Huh?"

Shijima was now held up against the bars, (Y/n) was holding scissors up to her throat. "Don't try any funny business, Shijima-san."

"Huh~? Weren't you sobbing just a minute ago..?"

"I'm a fast thinker!" (Y/n) said.

"Ehh."

"I realized that I could take advantage of the situation. After cutting my hair with the scissors I found in the art supplies in this room." She looked at the doodles on the floor. "I doodled stuff from the real world, and it made me more pissed off.."

"Hm?"

"What the hell!? How can you do this without telling ME?! TELLING US!! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS KEEPING SECRETS, SO MANY SECRETS! I GET THAT THERE'S THINGS HE DOESN'T WANT TO TELL ME! CAUSE I KEEP DYING AND COMING BACK! BUT I'M JUST SO FREAKING ANGRY NOW! I'M NOT GOING TO DO WHAT YOU JUST TELL ME TO DO! I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE REAL WORLD!!" She yelled. "So let's make a deal, Shijima-san."

The update everyone was waiting for
GUESS WHOSS BACKKK🤭