CHAPTER 34

♡♢♤♧

CHAPTER 34

Spook 34 - The Hell of Mirrors P.4

"You.. How..?" Kou muttered. "I mean, I thought you were gone for good.." Kou's vision became blurry with tears. "Mitsuba..!! You're ok? You're not hurt or anything, are you!?" Kou took Mitsuba's hands. "Hmm? Why is your hand like that..? What's wrong? What happened to you...?" Kou asked.

Hanako was now looking at the two. "Is that..?" He saw the skull of no. 3 on the ground. "Don't tell me no. 3..?" Hanako's eyes widened in realization. "KID! GET BACK!!"

"Huh? WHOA!?" Kou jumped out of the way. "Whe-where did that come...From.?" Kou looked at Mitsuba. "Mitsuba..?"

"No, no! I'm s-scared, help me.." A black tendril had aimed for Kou, but Hanako cut it away with his knife.

"He's surprisingly quick.." Hanako said as he cut the tendril. "You okay, kid!?" Hanako asked Kou.

"Uh, yeah." Kou looked down to see the disassembled part that was slowly forming back together. Kou looked at Hanako. "HEY, BEHIND YOU!!" The black limb at hit Hanako.

"Wha..!?"

"HANAKO!" Kou stood up and ran.

"Kid!?"

"Uh.. I'm sorry!" Mitsuba cried. "Stop.. Stop it.."

"Mitsuba" A voice that Hanako knew all too well had said. "...Did you finish eating?" Tsukasa had made an 'oof' sound whilst jumping to the ground. Mitsuba hid behind Tsukasa and whimpered.

"What're you doing here Tsukasa..?" Hanako stammered out.

"AAAAHHH! LONG! TIME! NO! SEE! AMANE!!" Tsukasa shouted as he ran into Hanako's arms, giving him a hug. He squeezed Hanako in a tight hug.

"Just a- come on, Tsukasa.. Listen to-"

"AMANE, AMANEE!!" Tsukasa was at the brim of complete happiness. If only (Y/n) could be in his grasp, he wanted to give (Y/n) an even tighter hug. He wanted her to love him the same way he loves her. Sadly Tsukasa's thoughts were cut short, a black limb came charging at the twins, making them crash into a nearby wall.

"H-here it comes again!"

"Ugh! You're getting in the way!" Tsukasa whined. He stood behind Hanako and dodged the incoming limbs, he grabbed the incoming limbs harshly. "Mitsuba."

"What, what're those..? What's happening..?" Mitsuba whined.

Tsukasa reached out to Mitsuba and pat his shoulder. "Now, now. There, there. These things are here to protect you, Mitsuba! Calm down so you can keep them under control." He patted Mitsuba's head. "There we go. Very good."

"Hey. Dammit, what'd you do to Mitsuba this time? Answer me!!" Kou yelled at Tsukasa.

Tsukasa grinned at Kou. "I granted his wish. The price was his mind, in other words, a part of his soul. So when you last saw me.. I removed part of Mitsuba's soul-His mind!"

"Wha..?"

"The rest is pretty simple! 1. I collected low-level spirits that were fading away and used them to make a spirit body. 2. Then I added the piece of Mitsuba's soul to it.. 3. AND ALL DONE!" Tsukasa stood behind Mitsuba, his hands holding onto his arms. "It has the same soul at its core, so it probably looks and acts like him. But this is something totally different! I mean, of course it is. The Sousuke Mitsuba who lived and died as a human.. Doesn't exist anywhere in this world anymore."

Kou clenched his hand that was holding his exorcist tool. "Why..?"

"Hmm.?"

"Why would you do that? It's your fault Mitsuba is gone in the first place."

"Hmm. Just because? I always wanted to try making one! An artificial human!" Tsukasa cheered.

"Wha.."

"Amane, (Y/n) and I saw one a long time ago! There was a movie with an artificial human that attacked everyone!" Tsukasa cheered. "Oh, but this is a ghost. So I guess it's an artificial ghost, huh..? I didn't count in it being such a weakling that it can't exist in the mortal world , though. But, I dunno" Tsukasa smirked. "Pretty cool, right?" he said in a teasing manner. Tsukasa was shoved against the broken mirror.

"You creep. You've gotta be kidding me.. MITSUBA ISN'T YOUR TOY!!" Kou angrily shouted.

"Hmm. so, you're saying I shouldn't have made this thing?" Tsukasa dragged Mitsuba out and into the middle of the boundary, both floating. "Don't worry Mitsuba it's okay. I don't hate you!"

"WaAAaAh! I'm gonna fall! I'm gonna fall!!"

"So, Mitsuba. You're just a baby with no memories, no power, no nothing. But now you have no. 3's core inside you. Now you have the power. What do you wanna do?"

"Huh!?"

"Do you let them take your new power from you.. And just disappear? Or do you wanna take school mystery no. 3's seat, and become the ruler of this boundary? Tell me what you want, Mitsuba." Tsukasa told him.

Mitsuba thought of when he saw the bond of Hanako, Kou, Yashiro, and (Y/n). "I'll do it.. I..I'm not ready to disappear yet. I don't want to disappear when I still have nothing. So if that's the only other option, then I'll be a school mystery! I'll be anything!!"

"Very good. If that's what you want.. Then I'll grant your wish. From this moment on, you are no. 3 of the school's seven mysteries, Mitsuba!"

Mitsuba went through a somewhat magical girl transformation.

"Whoa.. ah-ha what is this? That's so cool!"

"This boundary now belongs to you." Tsukasa smiled. "What kinda supernatural do you wanna be? You can be anything!"

"Anything?" Mitsuba looked over at Kou and another girl, they were in front of (Y/n) in a protective manner. "Then I want to be normal.. I wanna be a normal human.. Can I?" Mitsuba said hopefully.

"Yup! You can!"

"NO!!" Hanako's Haku-jodai flew around Tsukasa and Mitsuba. "A creature that has come to life on the far shore as a supernatural cannot be allowed to live on the near shore as a human." Hanako pointed his knife at Mitsuba. "That seat number is not yours. And I'm taking it back!" 

(( TYSM FOR 3K READS! ))