☀︎︎38☀︎︎

♡♢♤♧

CHAPTER 38

Spook 38 - The Star Festival P.2

"Are you ok?" The boy asked. He held out a hand for her.

'This boy.. I feel like I know him from somewhere, seems like he's in elementary school?' (Y/n) thought, she grabbed his hand. "Yeah, I'm fine.." (Y/n) said, she stopped. "Where am I!? Where is everybody!?" (Y/n) said in panic. The boy looked at her with concern in his amber colored eyes. (Y/n) looked down to see no water. 'No water, then this isn't the boundary..' She looked around at the surrounding booths. 'In fact, all of the booths seem different too..'

"Are you ok?" The boy asked again.

(Y/n) looked at the boy with a small smile. "Can I ask you something? What's today's date..?"

"Today?" The boy pointed at a poster. "There."

"The star festival poster? 1964.. " (Y/n) visibly paled. 'THAT'S THE SHOWA ERA!!! I'VE GONE BACK AT LEAST 50 YEARS..!? WHY!?' (Y/n) mentally cried. "How do I get back?" (Y/n) said out loud.

"Oneesan, are you lost?" The boy asked. "There's a lost children center somewhere near the bamboo tree, should I take you there? I'm going there now anyway to hang this." The boy said.

'A red tag? Right now I have all the colors, double in fact, the only one i'm missing is red.. Hanako-kun said if I collected all five and hung them on the bamboo tree, my wish would be granted. If I collect all five.. Then maybe I'll be able to go back, but he's a kid, and that would be so rude.'

"Oneesan?"

"Hey kid.. That tag ca-" (Y/n) got cut off by another childish voice.

"Amane-kun! I finally found you!" A childish voice shouted.

(Y/n) looked over, her eyes widened. There was a younger girl, the same age as Amane by a single glance. (H/C) hair, bright green eyes, a pastel pink yukata with a fox mask. 'Is that.. Me..?' She paled. She noticed that the young girl also had a red tag. (Y/n) shook off the feeling and passed it on as a coincidence. "Hey, can I have one of your tags..?" (Y/n) asked. She reached out to the boy known as Amane in an attempt to persuade him to give her the tag.

"No." The young girl smacked (Y/n)'s hand away. "I won't let you take mine or Amane-kun's tag! We have important wishes to make! And you're not going to ruin it by taking either of our tags.!"

"Please, I need that tag.." (Y/n) silently said to no one in particular.

"De-Demon!! Why do you even need our tags so bad!?" Amane yelled.

"It's just that, without it, I-" (Y/n) mentally panicked. 'What do I do? If I tell them the truth they'll be more confused!' (Y/n) quickly thought of an excuse. "Without a tag I won't get. UHM, A BOYFRIEND!" (Y/n) said, she did feel bad for lying, but she needed to go back somehow.

The boy and girl looked at (Y/n), their faces were unreadable. (Y/n) heard the girl sigh. She looked at the two kids. The young (H/C) girl whispered to the amber eyes boy. Next thing (Y/n) knew, she was sitting on a bench.

"Hey, oneesan. I was wondering, why did you look at (Y/n)-chan so weirdly..?" Amane asked.

"I- She reminded me of someone.." (Y/n) gritted through her teeth. 

"Who does she remind you of?" Amane questioned, he was eager to get an answer out of her.

"She reminds me of my sister.." (Y/n) somewhat gave in. She would never tell the boy that the girl he knew was really her. Then it hit her. 'I wasn't born back in the Showa era, then how.. Why.?' Her thoughts got cut short.